Gladewater vs Mineola

PapaBear1

3A Div. 1 District 8  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mineola Yellowjackets
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2019 at 12:30 AM

21 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

You need to get over yourself!!! By your statement you have no clue what I'm talking about, but keep chimming in. Maybe it'll make you feel better, but I doubt it. Some people just want to gripe. 

Get over yourself you sit in the pressbox every game but can't see the field

• Stinks 1

5 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Halftime Stats

First Downs- Bears 5 Mineola 7

Rushing- Bears 12/37 Mineola 26/131

Passing- Bears 2/5/17 Mineola 3/8/27

Punts- Bears 2/32.5 avg

Mineola 7 Bears 6

Gladewater gets ball to start 2nd half.

😮

2 hours ago, coolbear99 said:

Get over yourself you sit in the pressbox every game but can't see the field

As a long time smoakster......this my friend is about as low as you could go. That lady is a super-fan and you know it. She has been there through thick and thin and you sir just reached levels i thought i would never see. Your frustration is noted but man.....you are slinging your haymakers at a black and orange supporter that has quite obviously established her pride far and beyond anything that can rival it. I get it, your bo bo hurts.....but it aint over.

#LifeAfterJohhny

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

As a long time smoakster......this my friend is about as low as you could go. That lady is a super-fan and you know it. She has been there through thick and thin and you sir just reached levels i thought i would never see. Your frustration is noted but man.....you are slinging your haymakers at a black and orange supporter that has quite obviously established her pride far and beyond anything that can rival it. I get it, your bo bo hurts.....but it aint over.

#LifeAfterJohhny

She's been a fan longer than I have she's even watched me play I just want people to open their eyes we all love gw through thick and thin but as always times change. Coach little was my favorite coach when I was in high school and I was Happy when he got a ring with Henderson but sad he didn't get it at gw. Some of us really cry and bleed black and orange even though we have no kids playing.  Just want the best for this school is that to much to ask.  

1 minute ago, coolbear99 said:

She's been a fan longer than I have she's even watched me play I just want people to open their eyes we all love gw through thick and thin but as always times change. Coach little was my favorite coach when I was in high school and I was Happy when he got a ring with Henderson but sad he didn't get it at gw. Some of us really cry and bleed black and orange even though we have no kids playing.  Just want the best for this school is that to much to ask.  

No.....not too much to ask. But unloading on a supporter thats been there since you was in diapers dont doesn't do jack. 

4 hours ago, coolbear99 said:

Good night everyone if I offended or hurt anyone feelings I apologize but I'm not taking anything back.  I won't be back the rest of the yr ✌

You seem to be the one with the hurt feelings. Enjoy hibernation. 

8 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I guess y'all need to go get your coaching degrees since y'all seem to think y'all could do a better job. How about you figure out how to keep those talented players on the field. Seems to me our coaches are dealing with a lot of things this year that aren't necessarily in their control. Yes, we have tons of talent but there is more to coaching than having kids with talent. 

You know you are one of my favorites on here and I would never try to offend you but just because someone is not a coach doesn’t mean they can’t see things. Yes we have been dealing with injuries this year but even when we’ve had everyone in the lineup nothing has changed. The thing that bothers me is we do find things in the game that work and we never go back to it. Against WR we ran a screen play that gained 40 yards and not once since then have we ran it again. Against Atlanta we ran  some motion with Carter going in motion and it looked great. Atlanta had no clue if we were going to hand it to him, throw out of it or give to Malakai. Not once since that game have we ran it again. I don’t have anything against any of the coaches and I am not proclaiming to be Sean McVay but I can see these things. With all that said I will still be at every game and hope to see changes and improvement. I thought Holmes did a great job at Qb last night and it’s almost like starting the season over since we have changed QBs 3 times in the last couple weeks. Go Bears!

• Like 1

I got on here out of frustration last night. I just see the talent level that’s on this team and can’t even begin to understand how they have fallen off so much from last year. To the user stating where was the explosion earlier in the year? Well it damn sure wasn’t this bad. The offense might have not been running on all cylinders but they damn sure moved the ball. I think turnovers and being young played more into that. But you guys are honestly going to sit here and say nothing is up? UNDER A 100 YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE IN THE FIRST HALF??? Mineola has had their good teams but good grief. I’m just honestly tired of seeing our boys constantly run up the middle into a brick wall time and time again. And Golfingnut, I respect you because you are as classy as they come. I already have a degree so no, I don’t care to go back to school and get my coaching degree. I’ve been on Smoaky for a long time and anytime someone says something negative about a coach you automatically come at them like they know nothing about football. Lol. They are PAID professionals. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

You know you are one of my favorites on here and I would never try to offend you but just because someone is not a coach doesn’t mean they can’t see things. Yes we have been dealing with injuries this year but even when we’ve had everyone in the lineup nothing has changed. The thing that bothers me is we do find things in the game that work and we never go back to it. Against WR we ran a screen play that gained 40 yards and not once since then have we ran it again. Against Atlanta we ran  some motion with Carter going in motion and it looked great. Atlanta had no clue if we were going to hand it to him, throw out of it or give to Malakai. Not once since that game have we ran it again. I don’t have anything against any of the coaches and I am not proclaiming to be Sean McVay but I can see these things. With all that said I will still be at every game and hope to see changes and improvement. I thought Holmes did a great job at Qb last night and it’s almost like starting the season over since we have changed QBs 3 times in the last couple weeks. Go Bears!

Why all the sudden the change at qb? Just curious. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Well, hope you guys get it going. The times I've seen you guys, it's fun to watch. You guys do seem to have the edge when you do run outside the box. Sounds like running up the middle isn't working anymore. Just surprised that Allen wouldn't be at qb. He looked to be spot on when he was there. But I'm sure they have better in sight than what we would. 

10 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Well, hope you guys get it going. The times I've seen you guys, it's fun to watch. You guys do seem to have the edge when you do run outside the box. Sounds like running up the middle isn't working anymore. Just surprised that Allen wouldn't be at qb. He looked to be spot on when he was there. But I'm sure they have better in sight than what we would. 

I’m surprised but not at practice everyday 

Bears had 5 possessions last night..... punted first 2, scored next 2, stopped on 2 yard line on last. Not as bad as everyone is making it. The problem last night was, we couldn’t tackle #23. They had a drive for over 8min to kick the winning field goal. We got our a$$ kick on Dline and LB last night. Offense moved the ball fine after Holmes came in. Offense Can’t score if you don’t have the ball. Go Bears

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Bears had 5 possessions last night..... punted first 2, scored next 2, stopped on 2 yard line on last. Not as bad as everyone is making it. The problem last night was, we couldn’t tackle #23. They had a drive for over 8min to kick the winning field goal. We got our a$$ kick on Dline and LB last night. Offense moved the ball fine after Holmes came in. Go Bears

A lot of folks will have problems tackling Snead. He is a full grown man !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PapaBear1 said:

Bears had 5 possessions last night..... punted first 2, scored next 2, stopped on 2 yard line on last. Not as bad as everyone is making it. The problem last night was, we couldn’t tackle #23. They had a drive for over 8min to kick the winning field goal. We got our a$$ kick on Dline and LB last night. Offense moved the ball fine after Holmes came in. Offense Can’t score if you don’t have the ball. Go Bears

This right here!!! Doesn’t matter who’s at quarterback when you don’t have the ball.