PG drops to #2 in wake of loss to Carthage

Hawknation03

5 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

I don't think it matters much - like how do you rank HS teams across various states?

Only think will matter is who is standing in Arlington at the end of December.  

I'm betting the Hawks ( and probably Carthage too!!)

It's probably a lot harder than it looks. The DCTF staff are probably reading these posts saying "OH EVERYONE THINKS THEIR EXPERTS HUH??"

I get it. Like you say, it's just rankings. But, PG will be back there. I'll be watching Atlanta late, wake up the next morning, then go watch Carthage, then PG in Arlington haha. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's probably a lot harder than it looks. The DCTF staff are probably reading these posts saying "OH EVERYONE THINKS THEIR EXPERTS HUH??"

I get it. Like you say, it's just rankings. But, PG will be back there. I'll be watching Atlanta late, wake up the next morning, then go watch Carthage, then PG in Arlington haha. 

3A Div 1 state game is at 3:00.  Is that late ?

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

ATL got a hoops tournament in the area?

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man that would be great!

10 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

3A Div 1 state game is at 3:00.  Is that late ?

Aaahhhh I forgot D1 plays before D2. It really makes no difference, because I'll be there the entire time, regardless of if any of these teams make it or not.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

this is definately more accurate

IMG_0690.jpg

You can win state, have about the same team and still not be ranked #1. Seen that several years and it is discouraging. Playing in the Championship game and being crowned the winner is the ultimate goal. PG has a great team and will do great things this year. I will be at the state games, since I go every year, I hope to watch PG win it all. Good luck!!

18 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Maybe circus is harsh.

You're right, they really don't matter. They're really just entertaining to look at.

Sign of respect maybe, but Connally won't stay within 21 points of PG. Their schedule is stupid weak. Anyone that saw the Carthage/PG game knew how close it really was. The last 7 points were gimmes. Maybe a #1 ranked team shouldn't give up those last 7. I guess that's an opinion. Should the gap between D1 and D2 be a 21 point gap? I guess that's for the rankers to decide. 

But the real question I guess I have, is if Connally is ranked #1, and PG #2, that's in essence saying that Connally would beat PG, or has a good chance. I'm just curious if this is based off of losses or if someone has actually seen PG play? This team, in my opinion, is better than the state team in 2017. I'm not sure they could have stayed within 14 of Carthage in 2017. 

Don't mean to sound disrespectful. I am a DCTF subscriber, I just am baffled by the rank.

It’s finally come out that PG folks now understand just how good 2017 Carthage was.

When PG won state and they refused to believe 2017 Carthage would’ve waxed 2017 PG many Carthage folk, myself included, just shook our heads. PG fans feel 2019 PG is better than 2017 PG and I can tell you at this stage in the season 2019 Carthage that just defeated PG is nowhere near 2017 Carthage level, not even close. That team had so many weapons on offense AND weapons on defense. The Carthage linebacking corps that year was the best LB unit Carthage has ever fielded with a very talented secondary behind it. PG would’ve fared better than Kennedale did, but honestly, not much better. Not being disrespectful just giving my opinion, which picking ‘17 Carthage doesn’t take much brain power to do, ha!

18 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Maybe circus is harsh.

You're right, they really don't matter. They're really just entertaining to look at.

Sign of respect maybe, but Connally won't stay within 21 points of PG. Their schedule is stupid weak. Anyone that saw the Carthage/PG game knew how close it really was. The last 7 points were gimmes. Maybe a #1 ranked team shouldn't give up those last 7. I guess that's an opinion. Should the gap between D1 and D2 be a 21 point gap? I guess that's for the rankers to decide. 

But the real question I guess I have, is if Connally is ranked #1, and PG #2, that's in essence saying that Connally would beat PG, or has a good chance. I'm just curious if this is based off of losses or if someone has actually seen PG play? This team, in my opinion, is better than the state team in 2017. I'm not sure they could have stayed within 14 of Carthage in 2017. 

Don't mean to sound disrespectful. I am a DCTF subscriber, I just am baffled by the rank.

Didn’t mean for that to sound like you’re a PG fan. I know you’re a Rabbit.

I meant to say we’ve seen several PG fans state they believe this year’s Hawks team to be better than 2017 PG. You are just reiterating that with your opinion ‘19 PG is better than ‘17 PG was.

5 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

when rankings start determining who gets to the playoffs, I'll be concerned about them. Until then they are just conversation starters. 

Conversation starters? Lol people get straight butthurt over them. 

i wonder how the person who put up the billboard in pg about pg being the #1 ranked team in 4a2 feels now?

There's a lot of football left before the championship game but i think everyone believes pg is the favorite still to win 4a2. 

On 10/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Hawknation03 said:

The Connally Cadets have claimed the #1 ranking in 4A D2 after the Hawks fell to Carthage last Friday Night. I'm guessing it will stay this way through the season given the Cadets schedule. Do you agree or disagree with the rankings?

Connally would lose to Carthage too imo. 

On 10/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, Hawknation03 said:

The Connally Cadets have claimed the #1 ranking in 4A D2 after the Hawks fell to Carthage last Friday Night. I'm guessing it will stay this way through the season given the Cadets schedule. Do you agree or disagree with the rankings?

yes why not that is the way it should be