Random discussion about conferences and schedules and etc.

WETSU

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Timeout.  Somebody started listing teams they felt could beat Florida.  It was in fact YOU that took the shot about the vaunted Big12 schedule that got this mess started in the first place.  The same as the last 7-8 years of this it.  Then you point fingers elsewhere.  Dude, grow up.  Like has been said, your hatred for Texas shows in most of your posts, then you want to act like everybody else starts the debate.....  geez

Yes I detailed this one. It’s comical that you think you aren’t the worst one on this board about doing it though. We all are guilty of it though. I’ll try to limit my responses to your troll attempts in other threads and will no longer address anything but the topic. 

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The Texas secondary might also make Mond look like a heisman contender....

if this was just Texas offense vs the A&M defense then yes I might agree. But I don’t think Texas is good enough defensively to “win comfortably” vs A&M. 

I've watched enough of the A&M games that I would have a special Mond package in my defensive game plan. I would send extra pressure with him and drop a DE to the short middle of the field to take away the shallow drags or force him to throw high on the dig routes. My two blitzers would mirror Mond whereas if he was leaving the pocket away from you, drop from the pass rush to the middle lanes in case he decides to take off and run. If he leaves the pocket toward you, keep leverage and continue with the rush for a possible sack or forcing him to go back to the middle. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes I detailed this one. It’s comical that you think you aren’t the worst one on this board about doing it though. We all are guilty of it though. I’ll try to limit my responses to your troll attempts in other threads and will no longer address anything but the topic. 

Your worse about it than you care to admit.  

Just now, Lhornfan said:

I've watched enough of the A&M games that I would have a special Mond package in my defensive game plan. I would send extra pressure with him and drop a DE to the short middle of the field to take away the shallow drags or force him to throw high on the dig routes. My two blitzers would mirror Mond whereas if he was leaving the pocket away from you, drop from the pass rush to the middle lanes in case he decides to take off and run. If he leaves the pocket toward you, keep leverage and continue with the rush for a possible sack or forcing him to go back to the middle. 

Which would probably work in theory. His favorite routes are digs and slants/posts. He also likes to drop the ball off to a rb in the flats which would likely be open in this scenario. Of course all this is predicated on your defense making every assignment and it also is a good look for 3rd and 4 but not an every down look imo. But it would no doubt be very effective the first few times he saw it. 

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Your worse about it than you care to admit.  

I’ll admit it plenty that I detail threads. I hate that this board thinks you’re only allowed to worship Texas or talk about the topic at hand or let it die. But you’re literally worse than lion when it comes to trolling and derailing threads. I’m honestly kind of shocked mav has let you stick around as long as he has. But once again that probably fits into the worshipping Texas on this site thing. 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’ll admit it plenty that I detail threads. I hate that this board thinks you’re only allowed to worship Texas or talk about the topic at hand or let it die. But you’re literally worse than lion when it comes to trolling and derailing threads. I’m honestly kind of shocked mav has let you stick around as long as he has. But once again that probably fits into the worshipping Texas on this site thing. 

So disagreeing with you equates to worshipping Texas?  

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So disagreeing with you equates to worshipping Texas?  

No but you and others acting like aggy is delusional just because they disagree with you is. 

But this has nothing to do with Florida. You win. I’m honestly growing tired of arguing with you on this board. I don’t ever block anyone but I’m tired of your troll attempts and your inability to hold an intelligent conversation. You and JF can bicker if you want and I’ll stick to addressing the other Texas fans if it pertains to the topic at hand. 

It's hard to figure out Florida right now. They beat an Auburn team that beat Oregon. I think it would be a great matchup between Florida and Texas with a lot depending on where they played. I'm going with Texas just because of QB play. Florida would score their points, I just think Texas would score a little more. I'm biased though...

• Like 1

Just now, Lhornfan said:

It's hard to figure out Florida right now. They beat an Auburn team that beat Oregon. I think it would be a great matchup between Florida and Texas with a lot depending on where they played. I'm going with Texas just because of QB play. Florida would score their points, I just think Texas would score a little more. I'm biased though...

Florida would score their 10-17 points... which wouldn’t be enough...

On 10/8/2019 at 4:08 PM, ETXfan16 said:

I don't think they even hang with LSU. I think LSU and Ohio State are the best two teams

I will hold judgement on Ohio State until they play Wisconsin. Ohio State hasn't necessarily played the most suspenseful schedule. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Don’t worry.  Another guy will be here to throw insults at me to make Wetsu feel better.  Big brother JF will take up for him

Nah, I do it because it's hilarious to see you run crying to Smoak. 

Also, AKA called you a little ### and tons of people agreed. I'm hardly the only one who enjoys laughing at you. Hope that helps, though I doubt it will since you're not really keen to reality. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

You and JF can bicker if you want and I’ll stick to addressing the other Texas fans if it pertains to the topic at hand. 

Hey, I don't give him the time of day either. He's fun to insult (and then laugh when he cries to Smoaky about it), but that's about it. Haven't I told you for years not to engage him? I feel like he'll go away if ignored. He comes here because he doesn't get fulfillment in his every day life and he craves attention and trolls until you give it to him. If you stop giving it to him, he'll hopefully find another outlet for his shortcomings.:P

On 10/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, MavGrad99 said:

I am going to blow this forum up with my next statement.

I say this with confidence.  I think Texas would beat A&M convincingly this year.

They don't have the offense to sustain the horns. I think it would be closer by 14+

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well done! I've said numerous times what I do and why I do it. Looks like you've finally understood it! 

I’ve understood it.  You hypocritically insult me after swearing to ignore me.  I’m sorry you have so much hatred in your life, it must be hard to walk the earth with no joy in your life.  I hope your day, weekend, week, month, life gets better.

• Stinks 1

27 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve understood it.  You hypocritically insult me after swearing to ignore me.  I’m sorry you have so much hatred in your life, it must be hard to walk the earth with no joy in your life.  I hope your day, weekend, week, month, life gets better.

Have you ever wondered why I get along with every poster here except you (and Lion back when he was still around)? Heck even Waggle constantly took jabs at A&M and he was one of my favorite people here. Or are you legit convinced that you're a perfect little angel who does nothing wrong? It wouldn't surprise me.

And yes, I know that Hoomemhorns88 took an insult directed at you and thought it was meant for him, sending him into a complete meltdown, but oh well. 

• Thumbs Down 2

58 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Have you ever wondered why I get along with every poster here except you (and Lion back when he was still around)? Heck even Waggle constantly took jabs at A&M and he was one of my favorite people here. Or are you legit convinced that you're a perfect little angel who does nothing wrong? It wouldn't surprise me.

And yes, I know that Hoomemhorns88 took an insult directed at you and thought it was meant for him, sending him into a complete meltdown, but oh well. 

negatory, I don't like you either.  Everybody trolls here, maybe this forum should be moderated a little better as I've been suspended for exactly what you've done on this page.  I do understand it takes a lot of time to do, but It's definitely needed.  It's the very reason I don't post here that much anymore.  I know the guy personally along with some other posters here, You don't get along with everybody.  Truthfully youre one of the more hated posters here, but please keep thinking youre so well thought of.   Having said that, I'll prolly not log on again or prolly get permabanned, but oh well.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, tbird9100 said:

negatory, I don't like you either.  Everybody trolls here, maybe this forum should be moderated a little better as I've been suspended for exactly what you've done on this page.  I do understand it takes a lot of time to do, but It's definitely needed.  It's the very reason I don't post here that much anymore.  I know the guy personally along with some other posters here, You don't get along with everybody.  Truthfully youre one of the more hated posters here, but please keep thinking youre so well thought of.   

Your unbiased opinion means a lot. 😂

Wait a minute. Didn't Mavgrad all but confirm that you were just a sock account for Db? LOL Amazing coincidence that you showed up right now. 

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Your unbiased opinion means a lot. 😂

Wait a minute. Didn't Mavgrad all but confirm that you were just a sock account for Db? LOL Amazing coincidence that you showed up right now. 

I am not sure that I did that as I don’t reveal identities... ;) 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:17 AM, WETSU said:

Maybe they would maybe they wouldn’t. I mean outside of a close loss to LSU Texas hasn’t played anyone just like Florida hasn’t played anyone besides auburn. I really don’t know what Texas is. That defense could easily cost them any game they play. That’s just the facts of it. 

I personally think it would be close and could go either way between Florida and Texas, but I haven’t seen enough from either to give either the edge definitively. 

Outside of the best game played so far this season.....Texas hasn’t played anybody..

😒

LSU is arguably the best team in the country yet you argue Texas hasn’t played anyone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Outside of the best game played so far this season.....Texas hasn’t played anybody..

😒

LSU is arguably the best team in the country yet you argue Texas hasn’t played anyone. 

I clearly said outside of LSU...

My statement is more towards the like Saturday of osu and WVU gave them pretty good games and neither has shown a lot this year. Especially WVU. 

My point is, Everyone points towards that LSU game and that is the only measuring stick you guys want to use. When I point out the defensive struggles they showed vs WVU and osu and question whether they are a top 10 caliber team because of it, you guys act like I’m a monster. 

Yes they played LSU well and that’s a good game. Yes they also looked like a poor defensive team against WVU last week. I’m sorry I’m willing to point out flaws in your mighty longhorns but they are there. We will see more of what they are about after this weekend. I don’t think that’s being unfair in the slightest. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Who has Alabama played? Clemson played UNC.

I mean, not many teams have played murderers row yet. Too early in the season.

That’s funny how you left out the top 25 team Clemson played... lol. 

Mans yes Bama hasn’t played anyone of note either. And I’ll say that all day long. I say the same thing about LSU as I say about Texas. They gave each other a good game, but LSU hasn’t played anyone but Texas. Was that a one game anomaly for either team? We will find out more after this weekend about  LSU and Texas and OU and maybe even Bama to an extent. 

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I clearly said outside of LSU...

My statement is more towards the like Saturday of osu and WVU gave them pretty good games and neither has shown a lot this year. Especially WVU. 

My point is, Everyone points towards that LSU game and that is the only measuring stick you guys want to use. When I point out the defensive struggles they showed vs WVU and osu and question whether they are a top 10 caliber team because of it, you guys act like I’m a monster. 

Yes they played LSU well and that’s a good game. Yes they also looked like a poor defensive team against WVU last week. I’m sorry I’m willing to point out flaws in your mighty longhorns but they are there. We will see more of what they are about after this weekend. I don’t think that’s being unfair in the slightest. 

Thank you for being apologetic for pointing out my favorite team’s flaws.

Apology accepted.

😃

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Random discussion about conferences and schedules and etc.