Random discussion about conferences and schedules and etc.

WETSU

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s funny how you left out the top 25 team Clemson played... lol. 

Mans yes Bama hasn’t played anyone of note either. And I’ll say that all day long. I say the same thing about LSU as I say about Texas. They gave each other a good game, but LSU hasn’t played anyone but Texas. Was that a one game anomaly for either team? We will find out more after this weekend about  LSU and Texas and OU and maybe even Bama to an extent. 

I thought you’d like that glaring omission!!! Hahahaha!!!

38 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Lincoln Riley drives across town to save 2 cents per gallon.

12 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Lincoln Riley uses a squatty potty 

Tom Herman drove past a Whataburger to get to Burger King to purchase an impossible Whopper.

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Random discussion about conferences and schedules and etc.
On 10/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, WETSU said:

When you say things like this, it makes me wonder if you’ve watched any football at all this year. A&M has won games the last two years despite Mond and have only won 1 because of him. And that was really more by great WR play in overtime. Mond doesn’t change the game. He’s serviceable, but he doesn’t change the scheme. I disagree completely with your take. It’s not comparable in the slightest to Texas losing sam. 

So Sam played just ok, was sacked 9 times though.  He had prolly his worst outing.  Texas lost by 7.  The defense, bad scheme and all, kept them in the game. 

Mond played maybe his best game and still lost by 3 scores.  Do you still think without Mond the game would’ve been that close due to scheme?

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

So Sam played just ok, was sacked 9 times though.  He had prolly his worst outing.  Texas lost by 7.  The defense, bad scheme and all, kept them in the game. 

Mond played maybe his best game and still lost by 3 scores.  Do you still think without Mond the game would’ve been that close due to scheme?

I know you are bored and fishing for attention... Monds best game and the team barely is competitive. You think Sams best game still results in a loss? Sam is the Texas team. Mond plays his best and it’s almost irrelevant in comparison. I dont understand what you are trying to argue here. And based of this post, I don’t think you know what you are trying to argue either. Don’t worry. It’s Monday morning and OU still #### or whatever you guys like to say after a loss. 

• LOL! 1

37 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That's really all you needed to say. Why are you giving him the time of day? He's not here for a good faith discussion about football. He's here to fill voids in his pathetic life and you're doing just that for him. 

Sometimes you just get bored.

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

I know you are bored and fishing for attention... Monds best game and the team barely is competitive. You think Sams best game still results in a loss? Sam is the Texas team. Mond plays his best and it’s almost irrelevant in comparison. I dont understand what you are trying to argue here. And based of this post, I don’t think you know what you are trying to argue either. Don’t worry. It’s Monday morning and OU still #### or whatever you guys like to say after a loss. 

You said you could take Mond off the team and it wouldn’t be much difference due to scheme.  Do you think your backup would’ve produced those same results or would there have been a bigger blowout.  

I brought up sam because he had his worst game yet, and yet the offense still managed to keep it fairly close.  Is his worst better than Thompson’s best? Prolly so, but take him off the team and I don’t think there is catastrophic disaster as you persist.  There’s enough talent to help be competitive.  

Say Mond is injured.  do you think  Calzada keeps it a 20 point game?  

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

You said you could take Mond off the team and it wouldn’t be much difference due to scheme.  Do you think your backup would’ve produced those same results or would there have been a bigger blowout.  

I brought up sam because he had his worst game yet, and yet the offense still managed to keep it fairly close.  Is his worst better than Thompson’s best? Prolly so, but take him off the team and I don’t think there is catastrophic disaster as you persist.  There’s enough talent to help be competitive.  

Say Mond is injures.  do you think  Calzada keeps it a 20 point game?  

First off Sam completed 70% of his passes and didn’t turn the ball over I don’t think. It wasn’t his worst game, it’s just that the team around him isn’t a top 25 team. Which is what Ive been saying. The do not have a very good running game (like 80% of their rushing yards came on 1 play) and the defense is struggling. The exact things I said before the game. Sam was harassed all day long from pressure, and still managed to keep this a respectable game by not losing his composure and turning the ball over a ton. 

Would Bama have beaten A&M by more than 20 if Mond doesn’t play? Probably. But I never said they would be just as good without Mond. What I am trying to get across to you is that A&M has a better defense than Texas and their scheme is different offensively. What I said was that losing Mond is not the same as losing Sam. I don’t see how you can’t see this. I know you just like to argue but damn... Every Texas fan would agree that losing Sam is far worse for Texas than losing Mond would be for A&M. Sam is better player than Mond. Sam is asked to do more than Mond. Sam is the heart of his team while Mond is a quiet keep his head down and grind guy. You comparing the two is just mind boggling. 

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Say Mond is injured.  do you think  Calzada keeps it a 20 point game?  

If Sam is out of the game for any length of time due to injury, the Texas offense is in a world of trouble. I like what we currently have and what's coming at the QB spot, but let's face it, Sam is here through next year while the other guys continue to grow and see which one comes out on top after Sam leaves. Remember the headaches we had with Sam when he first started playing and was splitting time with Buechele? That would happen again with Thompson. The only difference with Thompson is he runs very well - much like a fast WR in open field while Sam runs like a fullback.

I also think A&M would be in world of hurt if Monds went out. I've never even heard of any of his backups. Monds can run, and he throws a pretty good football most of the time. His trouble seems to be not recognizing the blitz at times and being pressured into getting rid of the ball before he's ready.

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

First off Sam completed 70% of his passes and didn’t turn the ball over I don’t think. It wasn’t his worst game, it’s just that the team around him isn’t a top 25 team. Which is what Ive been saying. The do not have a very good running game (like 80% of their rushing yards came on 1 play) and the defense is struggling. The exact things I said before the game. Sam was harassed all day long from pressure, and still managed to keep this a respectable game by not losing his composure and turning the ball over a ton. 

Would Bama have beaten A&M by more than 20 if Mond doesn’t play? Probably. But I never said they would be just as good without Mond. What I am trying to get across to you is that A&M has a better defense than Texas and their scheme is different offensively. What I said was that losing Mond is not the same as losing Sam. I don’t see how you can’t see this. I know you just like to argue but damn... Every Texas fan would agree that losing Sam is far worse for Texas than losing Mond would be for A&M. Sam is better player than Mond. Sam is asked to do more than Mond. Sam is the heart of his team while Mond is a quiet keep his head down and grind guy. You comparing the two is just mind boggling. 

I don't know if A&M scores against Alabama without Mond. Right now, he is also A&M's offense. The running game is non existent against teams not in the Sun Belt conference. I don't think you are giving your QB enough credibility.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Sam didn’t have his best game.  Yes he was harassed, pressured and sacked, but he was inaccurate as well.  He held onto the ball several of those sacks.  

You said the Aggies offense wouldn’t change much due to scheme.  I’m not talking about scheme.  I’m talking about talent.  The original thought was that every team would struggle if their starting qb went down.  That’s when you said that the aggies’ wouldn’t due to their scheme.  I can quote it if you’d like.  Y’all lose that game by 40 if Mond doesn’t play. Period 

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

If Sam is out of the game for any length of time due to injury, the Texas offense is in a world of trouble. I like what we currently have and what's coming at the QB spot, but let's face it, Sam is here through next year while the other guys continue to grow and see which one comes out on top after Sam leaves. Remember the headaches we had with Sam when he first started playing and was splitting time with Buechele? That would happen again with Thompson. The only difference with Thompson is he runs very well - much like a fast WR in open field while Sam runs like a fullback.

I also think A&M would be in world of hurt if Monds went out. I've never even heard of any of his backups. Monds can run, and he throws a pretty good football most of the time. His trouble seems to be not recognizing the blitz at times and being pressured into getting rid of the ball before he's ready.

I think the WR are good enough to help Thompson in extended time.  He’s prolly a bit faster and more athletic than Sam, so I’m sure you’d see a little different type of package if he came in

A thought and opinion I’ve had for a while is Duvernay is not as fast as everyone says he is.

Does anybody else feel the same way? 

It just looks like he’s not that quick or something. When he brings the ball out of the end zone on kickoff return it seems to take an eternity for him to get to the 15. Does it seem the same to others?

I have seen Duv catch a pass and get upfield quickly while also eluding tacklers. I’m also not saying he’s slow just that I think this world class speed people say he has seems to be exaggerated. 

Now, when folks said Marquise Goodwin and Jamaal Charles were fast they looked every bit of it on the field with the ball in their hands, just sayin’.

52 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A thought and opinion I’ve had for a while is Duvernay is not as fast as everyone says he is.

Does anybody else feel the same way? 

It just looks like he’s not that quick or something. When he brings the ball out of the end zone on kickoff return it seems to take an eternity for him to get to the 15. Does it seem the same to others?

I have seen Duv catch a pass and get upfield quickly while also eluding tacklers. I’m also not saying he’s slow just that I think this world class speed people say he has seems to be exaggerated. 

Now, when folks said Marquise Goodwin and Jamaal Charles were fast they looked every bit of it on the field with the ball in their hands, just sayin’.

Duverney is straight line speed fast. He is not quick or jittery fast. He is also built like Maurice Jones Drew, maybe not that thick but similar. 
When he caught that slant vs LSU nobody would’ve caught him even that was a 99yd catch. He’s not Goodwin but I bet he runs a 4.4 at the combine.