MavGrad's Week 7 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

1 hour ago, AKA said:

1. I never thought I'd live long enough to see OU's defense keep us in the game. This year's UT scores at least 40 points on a Mike Stoops defense. If not for offensive blunders this game would've been much worse. (Hoping this theory is confirmed in the Big XII game.)

2. Same. I get that he's going against the obvious play call by passing when he should run, but if the run is there all game long why go away from it? Dude keeps outsmarting himself. Sometimes you just gotta do the obvious thing until the other team stops it. 

3. Totally. Hurts was exposed big time today. He's our version of Vince Young: an adequate passer who can most hurt you running the ball. 

#3 he was just being nice and opening up the Heisman race for Burrow to move on up 😛 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

1. I never thought I'd live long enough to see OU's defense keep us in the game. This year's UT scores at least 40 points on a Mike Stoops defense. If not for offensive blunders this game would've been much worse. (Hoping this theory is confirmed in the Big XII game.)

2. Same. I get that he's going against the obvious play call by passing when he should run, but if the run is there all game long why go away from it? Dude keeps outsmarting himself. Sometimes you just gotta do the obvious thing until the other team stops it. 

3. Totally. Hurts was exposed big time today. He's our version of Vince Young: an adequate passer who can most hurt you running the ball. 

Open field tackling was off the wall. #9 is a man amongst boys in the B12.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Open field tackling was off the wall. #9 is a man amongst boys in the B12.

He's becoming the player so many of us hoped he'd become (but knew he never could under Mike). 

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Good. 

Some other Big 12 teams need to stay ranked for Oklahoma to beat lol.

What I find funny is that Baylor isn't winning these games with talent... They are winning them with coaching...  The same coach that Baylor fans cursed to fail

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I've seem 3 empty sets. What's with that?

Dam they are good. Like very good. Florida is super fast on D but Burrow can out through the speed.

Win this game and live with the #1 spot IMO.

LSU basically runs the New Orleans Saints passing offense now...  that's why you see so many empty sets.

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Just comparing to say 4 years ago. Puts them over the top IMO

I don't know about all that. Their offense is better but their defense hasn't been as good. Mostly because their offense is too fast, either to score or punt it back. They give other teams more chances. Their defense is still solid but they're not absolutely shut down like they used to be.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't know about all that. Their offense is better but their defense hasn't been as good. Mostly because their offense is too fast, either to score or punt it back. They give other teams more chances. Their defense is still solid but they're not absolutely shut down like they used to be.

Kinda like Bama's.