Texas High Vs Poteet

NODAYSOFFTX

35 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Offensive woes are somewhat understandable, but defensive woes are most concerning. Did grades effect that side of the ball? My guess the neighborhood around Grim won’t be collecting fees for overflow parking. 

The problem is that TH is playing schools that are just as big in enrollment! Playing all them small schools in non district does not get them ready for district play. 

4 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

The problem is that TH is playing schools that are just as big in enrollment! Playing all them small schools in non district does not get them ready for district play. 

Thanks for your insight for the 10th time. Texas High played a much larger team to open up.   Then a natural rival.  There is not a lot of scheduling flexibility.   By your standards LE should be applauded for playing a monster schedule    Think it’s working out for them?? 

You keep beating the same drum while your team is playing smaller teams every week.  But carry on.   It seems to thrill you.

We said 2 years ago we were in for a rough 2-4 year period.   People just thought we were blowing smoke.   We just don’t have the talent we did for a few years  

• Like 1

Almost every team in East Texas 5A/6A (save Longview) has stretches like what Texas High is currently experiencing.

John Tyler, Marshall, Lee, Sulphur Springs (currently experiencing), Jacksonville..... all have rich playoff histories and all have had some horrendous seasons sprinkled between.

Lufkin hasn't really had a TERRIBLE regular season...but they have struggled in the playoffs of late.

Longview is the only one that seems immune.  They haven't done it since the early late 90s'/early 2000's.

It happens.

I have no doubt THS will be back.  Just gotta fight through the thin years.  

-------
I can't imagine THS dropping to Div II unless they were to have a massive drop in enrollment. Aren't they in the 1,980 range?

The current cutoff is 1,839.  Where is THS' enrollment?

1 minute ago, bordertown said:

Last alignment 1874. I would expect a drop as Pleasant Grove has become an open enrollment district. I suspect there has been some leakage.

oh wow..... much closer to dropping than I figured.  Could make alignment interesting.

Texas High dropping to D-2 would likely send MP back up to the I-30 district.....

MAYBE: THS, MP, SS, RC, Greenville, Forney, Terrell, North Forney, Kaufman.  

Ennis and Corsi join DFW districts....or they head down the I-25 corridor.

The South district would become the odd number district with 7:  Marsh, Halls, PT, Nac, Jax, WH, Lindale.  MAYBE Corsi and Ennis....but probably not... unless Lindale dropped.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Lufkin hasn't really had a TERRIBLE regular season...but they have struggled in the playoffs of late.

2013 says hi.....that was a terrible season. At least for me. 2014 too. Anytime you lose to Nac and can’t play defense for most of the year....it’s as the kids would say nowadays...bad bad. 

Disappointing seasons by Lufkin Panther standards no doubt.... 5-6 in 2013.  6-5 in 2014.

But at least there aren't any 1-9, 2-8, or 3-7 seasons in there.  Something JT, Marshall, SS, Texas High have all experienced in the last decade.

LP fans would have a coronary 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Almost every team in East Texas 5A/6A (save Longview) has stretches like what Texas High is currently experiencing.

John Tyler, Marshall, Lee, Sulphur Springs (currently experiencing), Jacksonville..... all have rich playoff histories and all have had some horrendous seasons sprinkled between.

Longview is the only one that seems immune.  They haven't done it since the early late 90s'/early 2000's.

It happens.

I have no doubt THS will be back.  Just gotta fight through the thin years.  

-------
I can't imagine THS dropping to Div II unless they were to have a massive drop in enrollment. Aren't they in the 1,980 range?

The current cutoff is 1,839.  Where is THS' enrollment?

not going through several coaches can keep your program pretty consistent, especially when you have a great coach and staff.

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

Last alignment 1874. I would expect a drop as Pleasant Grove has become an open enrollment district. I suspect there has been some leakage.

on the TEA enrollment site, THigh, including the Options school had 1834.  At least if Thigh goes down, travel will improve as they will probably put yall in Marshall district.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

on the TEA enrollment site, THigh, including the Options school had 1834.  At least if Thigh goes down, travel will improve as they will probably put yall in Marshall district.

Possibly.... but I doubt it.  Because of Nac, WH, and Jacksonville.

I think if THS drops I they move MP back North and put THS, MP, SS, RC, Greenville, Forney, N Forney, and Terrell along the I-30 corridor 5A Div II schools together.  They lose Corsi and Ennis because they can go to South Dallas or down the I-35 corridor.

No doubt Tigers do better in 5A Div II.

16 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Just don’t see much at the lower levels to compete in D1.  

No one in 9-5A Div II would compete in the East Texas Div I district.  Not consistently at least. Most of the district has enrollments less than 1500.... which makes most of them much smaller than the schools in the Div I district.  Nac is the biggest...and...well... they are struggling in the current district.   

I don't think anyone in 8-5A Div II would either.  

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Possibly.... but I doubt it.  Because of Nac, WH, and Jacksonville.

I think if THS drops I they move MP back North and put THS, MP, SS, RC, Greenville, Forney, N Forney, and Terrell along the I-30 corridor 5A Div II schools together.  They lose Corsi and Ennis because they can go to South Dallas or down the I-35 corridor.

No doubt Tigers do better in 5A Div II.

yea, you are probably right. But they could put Lindale in that district, or if Lindale goes down, you just replace them with THigh and keep the current East TX district.

13 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea, you are probably right. But they could put Lindale in that district, or if Lindale goes down, you just replace them with THigh and keep the current East TX district.

I'd have to compare to be sure.... but it seems like Texas High's travel would be worse in an all East Texas 5A Div II district if it included Jacksonville, Whitehouse, and Nac than it is in their current district.