• Astros in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Yankees in 4
    • Yankees in 5
    • Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

A lot of talk about postponing Game 3 because of weather. Yankees also announced they will use the bullpen for Game 4. Bold move considering the Astros saw just about everyone last night and are likely to see them again during Game 3.

The good thing for the Yankees is most of them only pitched to one or two batters which was stupid in my opinion.  It made the game last longer than it should have.  I think they need to start the games earlier anyway.  These games are in New York and their fans no how to show up on time unlike Houston.  I know people whine about the traffic in Houston, but it's just as bad or worse in New York.  The one plus is they have the subway that works unlike Houston's Metro system.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The good thing for the Yankees is most of them only pitched to one or two batters which was stupid in my opinion.  It made the game last longer than it should have.  I think they need to start the games earlier anyway.  These games are in New York and their fans no how to show up on time unlike Houston.  I know people whine about the traffic in Houston, but it's just as bad or worse in New York.  The one plus is they have the subway that works unlike Houston's Metro system.  

Houston fans have been skewered by talk radio the past few years. Astros fans are the best at showing up on time, but overall Houston doesnt like being on time. That said, when they are there, they are there and LOUD.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

FB_IMG_1571104535565.jpg

I don't see how anyone can't be a fan of both these Giants of baseball.  They both have a passion for the game most of us love.  

One would expect these games to have more scoring with both lineups, but the pitching as been stellar except in game one.  Severino has been pulled after only 3 1/3rd innings, but he did give up two dingers to the man above on the left and Reddick.  If Cole could pitch a complete game I'd feel comfortable with the Astros lead, but he's only pitched 2 complete games in his 7 year career.  Houston needs more runs.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Alvarez has gone into a big time hitting slump at the wrong time

He's getting his feet wet.  He hasn't been on a stage this big in his life.  I think he has stage fright.  He's going to be a beast in years to come.  Even Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson only batted .143 in 1973, and he had played three ALCS games before then.  I'd give him a break being as young as he is.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's getting his feet wet.  He hasn't been on a stage this big in his life.  I think he has stage fright.  He's going to be a beast in years to come.  Even Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson only batted .143 in 1973, and he had played three ALCS games before then.  I'd give him a break being as young as he is.  

He is seeing a lot better pitching also