Week Eight: Longview vs Rockwall Heath

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-0) vs Rockwall Heaths (3-4)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a close one
    • Rockwall Heath in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:00 AM

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Replay of the Rockwall/Heath game....

https://www.meridix.com/event/157845

Thanks

Also, an unrelated note, there is a DVD for sale that has the second half of the 1937 State Championship game as well as highlights from years afterward. 

It's REALLY cool. Everyone should check it out if they can. They're $20 at the Athletic Office. 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:04 AM, ANTI said:

I'm all for it. 

He'll be WR1 next season as a sophomore anyway. At least have em in heavy rotation, which he has been since Rockwall week.

Honestly think he has best hands in the program, something I thought a certain 3 year varsity vet, 2 year returning starting SR would have.

I do still think its only a matter of time before they take off. Just too much experience and talent man. We can't forget that Kearbey, Braden and Moore played pivotal parts in last years' receiving core.

Now, we've seen Moore produce and when he's catching the ball....its beautiful. Braden also getting back to himself.

But outside of blocking, Kearbey just hasn't been the player that he's capable of being so far this year. When/if he ever turns on...Watch out.

Worth mentioning that next season, all 3 Hale brothers will probably be starting. Jalen at WR, Laqualon at LB and Tyree at safety/corner (who caught an INT Friday night). 

When's the last time we had 3 siblings start in one year? Off the top, I know we had the Tomlinson twins in 2010. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Thanks

Also, an unrelated note, there is a DVD for sale that has the second half of the 1937 State Championship game as well as highlights from years afterward. 

It's REALLY cool. Everyone should check it out if they can. They're $20 at the Athletic Office. 

What is amazing is that the 1937 championship game was secured by a defensive turnover just like last year was....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

What is amazing is that the 1937 championship game was secured by a defensive turnover just like last year was....

On top of that, we trailed in the 1937 game most of the way as well, much like last season. Then won it in the 4th, exactly like last year.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 12:47 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Post game with John King following Longview's 44-20 win over Mesquite Horn...

https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/mesquitehorn10112019postgame.mp3

Late on this, this week...but here's the audio highlights of Longview's 44-20 win over Mesquite Horn..

https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/mesquitehorn10112019.mp3

On 10/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, kingwolf said:

That 1937 team happened to be filled with a couple of my family members from BOTH sides of my ancestry.

My Maternal Great Uncle  was a Jr. DB Ralph "Buddy" Akin and my Paternal Grandmother's First  Cousin was an All-State Sr.DL/OL Chal Daniel.

Cousin Chal would go on to Star for the Texas Longhorns from 1939 through 1941 earning All American Honors before passing away tragically in a WWII Flight Training accident in February 1943.

These Lobo roots go way back ! 

R.J.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

9th B won 30-0

A is up 56-20 at half....you all will see Amarian Hamilton's name in the paper tomorrow for sure.

JV was up last I heard.

JV won 21-6. Freshmen won 62-20. Sound like freshmen got healthier this week.

Game day, Beat Heath!

• Like 2