Week 8: Carlisle Indians (4-2 | 1-0) @ #8 Alto Yellowjackets (6-0 | 1-0) - 10/18/2019

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carlisle
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (6-0 | 1-0) will host the Carlisle Indians (4-2 | 1-0) in a key District 10-2A contest Friday, October 18th. The winner has a leg up in the district championship race. The Jackets were soundly defeated last year at Carlisle and hope to avenge the loss this season at home. It’s been since 2016 that Carlisle played at Alto. The series is tight with the Jackets holding a slight edge 6-5-2. Who wins the 2019 version of Alto-Carlisle?

2018    Price Carlisle 55-12 DIS
2017    Alto 31-28 DIS
2016    Price Carlisle 28-7 DIS
2015    Alto 21-8 DIS
2014    Alto 52-34 DIS
2009    Alto 35-0 DIS
2008    Alto 28-0 DIS

1965    Alto 20-0
1957    Price Carlisle 26-7
1956    Tie     12-12    
1953    Price Carlisle 7-0    
1952    Tie     6-6    
1939    Price Carlisle 22-0

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Said all year we gonna hurt some feelings this season, Carlisle gettin better defensively every game and it's fun to watch em. 

Carlisle D getting better? Or opponents O getting worse? Those last 4 teams have combined for a whopping 2-22 record. Call me crazy but I think Alto might put up a bit stiffer test than Overton, Bowie, New Boston and Cushing. 

lol in all seriousness, all the pressure is on Alto this game. The ranking, the record, the need to make amends for last years whippin. 

you know what you are getting from Carlisle. Gonna hit you in the mouth and play their tails off for 48 minutes. If alto wins it, they’ll have earned it. 

6 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Carlisle D getting better? Or opponents O getting worse? Those last 4 teams have combined for a whopping 2-22 record. Call me crazy but I think Alto might put up a bit stiffer test than Overton, Bowie, New Boston and Cushing. 

lol in all seriousness, all the pressure is on Alto this game. The ranking, the record, the need to make amends for last years whippin. 

you know what you are getting from Carlisle. Gonna hit you in the mouth and play their tails off for 48 minutes. If alto wins it, they’ll have earned it. 

From the Sabine to the Troup game, defense was changed back around and D was on the rite track and got better and smarter, as for Alto well when you play them you get good football game, they generally hit ya in the mouth when ya play em. 

35 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Really! Carlisle played New Boston at their house as good as Dangerfield played them at home. Troup game could have went either way. Sabine? Carlisle played them as tough as anybody else has this season. Just couldn't get the offense untracked that night. I believe Alto will bring their "A" game as always, but don't count Carlisle out. 

23 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Really! Carlisle played New Boston at their house as good as Dangerfield played them at home. Troup game could have went either way. Sabine? Carlisle played them as tough as anybody else has this season. Just couldn't get the offense untracked that night. I believe Alto will bring their "A" game as always, but don't count Carlisle out. 

Yes really!

1) chain said D was getting better. I simply asked if the D was better or the opponents were worse? So you think those 4 are on level with Sabine and troup? 

2) do you really want to hang your hat on beating a team who has 1 win in the last 2 and a half years? And a 31 point loss?

3) did not count Carlisle out. Haven’t all year. No dog in the fight either way,  but you can look back at previous threads and I’ve consistently said nothing matters for Alto until they’ve beaten Carlisle and they have a large gap to close from last year to do that. 

9 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Yes really!

1) chain said D was getting better. I simply asked if the D was better or the opponents were worse? So you think those 4 are on level with Sabine and troup? 

2) do you really want to hang your hat on beating a team who has 1 win in the last 2 and a half years? And a 31 point loss?

3) did not count Carlisle out. Haven’t all year. No dog in the fight either way,  but you can look back at previous threads and I’ve consistently said nothing matters for Alto until they’ve beaten Carlisle and they have a large gap to close from last year to do that. 

They do have the tools to close that gap this year, our goal Friday night is to not, I repeat that, not let that happen. Think this game may turn some heads this week, gonna be better than most probably think. I myself have looked forward to it since the season started, because I knew that with the loss to graduation, some of our talent was lost and knew Alto would get stronger with another off-season,and as more seasoning came into their offense, it would and could become explosive. I look forward with anticipation to the duel between rocky baker and the Alto offensive coordinator.. This is my jam... Defense, defense, defense.. 

• Like 2

It’s going to be a good game, or better be, because I’m taking off and driving in from West Tx to see it. Our boys will be ready, the beat down from last year is definitely in their heads, and I believe we will return the favor this year with a L for Carlisle. The game last year got out of hand early and just snow balled, it doesn’t matter If we win by 1 or 50, just win baby!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

You won’t find Alto counting Carlisle out.  👀