Week 8: Carlisle Indians (4-2 | 1-0) @ #8 Alto Yellowjackets (6-0 | 1-0) - 10/18/2019

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carlisle
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

40 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

All I gotta say is if Alto is clicking and SA is having an off night that’s all it’s gonna take and off nights happen. Stay tuned, it’s getting interesting now boys 

An off night so far is 36 points 

What happens if BS beats Carlisle?  Hummmm... lol.! Ain't nobody in our district holding SA under 48(been there done that)Unless it's a weather game! All things being ideal all we can do is show up play our hearts out and hope for the best and it still may not be near enough. 

• Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

And you havent played an offense like this...just saying 

Well I guess we just go ahead and concede to y’all, which may never come to fruition anyways .....I forgot y’all done won state this year already....great year SA y’all whooped everyone!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Y’all da best ever was 

1 hour ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Congrats to Alto. Wasn’t a blowout like some people said earlier in the week. I knew we would come to play. Turnovers hurt tonight.  Take the fumble and pick 6 away and it’s a 15-7 game. We will regroup and be ready for Union Grove next week. 

What pick 6 do you speak of? I recall hearing I believe it was 2 passing and 1 rushing TD by Alto.

6 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

Well I guess we just go ahead and concede to y’all, which may never come to fruition anyways .....I forgot y’all done won state this year already....great year SA y’all whooped everyone!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Y’all da best ever was 

🙄👍

No. 8 Alto clubs Carlisle, 29-7

ALTO — In a game that pitted the two teams that many people feel are the best in District 10-2A-I, Alto was able to keep its perfect record intact by beating Carlisle 29-7 on Friday night at Cam'ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of The Mean Sting.

The Jackets took a 22-7 lead into halftime and then turned things over to its stout defensive unit, who came into play Friday holding opponents to just 10 points a game on average.

Harmon West had 10 tackles, three tackles for loss, a sack, a fumble recovery and two interceptions while Cayle Irvin tossed in 10 tackles to spearhead the Mean Sting on defense. Jay Pope picked off two Indian passes while Todd Duplichain and Foster Hall racked up a couple of sacks each. Alto held Carlisle to 15 yards rushing and 201 passing.

Alto (7-0, 2-0) will journey to Cushing (1-6, 0-2) next week. Cushing lost 22-8 to Hawkins on Friday. Alto's win avenges a loss last year to the Indians, who went on to win the district championship.

53742D53-6A5A-4BE5-AA41-F5BDF4F1097C.jpeg

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Hoping our linebacker that got cut blocked is not out for the season, first game back from knee injury and bam, out again, feel for the kid buy bad stuff happens and that's life... Good kid tho and hell do good things in life after football, if he's done. 

Chain, I’m sorry to hear about the young man who got hurt. I know he (and his family) must feel down after having just come back. Prayers for quick and complete healing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Hoping our linebacker that got cut blocked is not out for the season, first game back from knee injury and bam, out again, feel for the kid buy bad stuff happens and that's life... Good kid tho and hell do good things in life after football, if he's done. 

Yes. It is a shame. He has been waiting as well as the coaching staff to get back on the field where he was a starter. Coaching staff could have moved a couple of other players back to a starting position that God built em for. The main thing is how disheartening it must be for the young man to work and wait to get back on the field just to get rolled up in the interior. 

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Folks surprised with success Alto is having? No ones noticed the coaching staff Meeks has put together?

Are folks surprised? 😂 Maybe they are. Alto trying to be Alto and Coach Meeks and crew are all about it. Putting in the time and doing things the right way. He has assembled a great staff and we are proud to have each and every one of them here. I was hopeful when Coach Meeks came on board. Doubled our win total last season and advanced one more round in the playoffs. We are headed in the right direction and I for one appreciate the hard work this staff puts in day in and day out. That’s what it takes. 🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Are folks surprised? 😂 Maybe they are. Alto trying to be Alto and Coach Meeks and crew are all about it. Putting in the time and doing things the right way. He has assembled a great staff and we are proud to have each and every one of them here. I was hopeful when Coach Meeks came on board. Doubled our win total last season and advanced one more round in the playoffs. We are headed in the right direction and I for one appreciate the hard work this staff puts in day in and day out. That’s what it takes. 🙌🙌🙌

For real. They’re the truth