Hemphill @ Newton

Purpleforever

2 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

My interest is in how the defense handles the offense. That is what I will be watching

I'd kinda like to see a kicking game of any kind. Newton's defense can't play on a 50 yard field every game. Sooner or later someone is going to take advantage of that. Likely in the playoffs 

9 minutes ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

I'd kinda like to see a kicking game of any kind. Newton's defense can't play on a 50 yard field every game. Sooner or later someone is going to take advantage of that. Likely in the playoffs 

You’re right about that, but they are who they are. It could very likely be their downfall. One point is as good as one hundred points.

4 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

I actually haven't watched much film on Himphill, particularly their defense, and if your correct.  That will be a big problem for them against Newton, because Newton's defense, is quite impressive. 

Yes sir the Anderson-shiro game was a good film to watch to get a good luck at both teams.. 

hemphill had no problems scoring because they have two very good RB’S ! But on the flip side they couldn’t stop #4 for shiro.. that kid is a beast! 

Heck even Hemphill was able to score a lot on San Augustine! But all roads lead to their defense...

and what a shame!  Because they have a jam up offense..  but to make a run in the playoffs you have to have the best of both worlds.. 

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

You’re right about that, but they are who they are. It could very likely be their downfall. One point is as good as one hundred points.

I might consider making my starting quarterback/punter my kickoff guy. You'd think if he can punt, he might be able to kick it to the ten

Maybe, try

6 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m ready for when we play them next week! 

They have a very good RB!  But I don’t believe they will stop our running game 

You do realize your "run game" scored 20 points against a weak New Waverly defense?  

3 minutes ago, whynot said:

You do realize your "run game" scored 20 points against a weak New Waverly defense?  

4 minutes ago, whynot said:

We will see how it turns out next week..   yes you’re correct we only scored 20.. but we also lost our starting RB before the game even started .. 

but id say our other RB handled business! Especially with him never getting a break the whole game.. 

but like I said we’ll see next week 

My thoughts on this game, which is the bottom line, that Newton will beat Hemphill by the score of 55-20. Hemphill always play Newton hard in the first half and finds away to fall apart in the second half. Added note, Hemphill is a far better team than Daingerfield dreamers. They live in the past too much and cannot come to reality that there team cannot compete against elite teams. Sorry! I need to stay on the topic. I believe Newton will go to state and win it all. 3:16 Hardcore.....That's the bottom line because Hardcore said so. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1