Lindale vs Whitehouse

Jakeelee86

Lindale had a slow start against Hallsville but came out and shut them out in the second half. Whitehouse will be a challenge but should be fun. I believe we will win but it will be tougher. Whitehouse barely beat Nac and we beat Nac 37-10. You can’t always go by how one team plays another but I do believe we give Whitehouse their first district loss. Thoughts? 

48 minutes ago, Jakeelee86 said:

Lindale had a slow start against Hallsville but came out and shut them out in the second half. Whitehouse will be a challenge but should be fun. I believe we will win but it will be tougher. Whitehouse barely beat Nac and we beat Nac 37-10. You can’t always go by how one team plays another but I do believe we give Whitehouse their first district loss. Thoughts? 

Should have been two wins but that’s neither here nor there. This game comes down to who the refs want to win more if it’s in Whitehouse they win. 

Selfishly...as a Marshall fan.... I want Lindale to win.

I haven't seen WH.....so I have very little to go on outside of looking at stats.

But I've seen Lindale twice this season Vs. Kaufman and Vs Marshall.

Lindale isn't flashy.  They aren't overly exciting.

They are fundamentally sound.  They are scrappy.  They are well coached.  They don't make a lot of mistakes.  They use their roster to perfection.

I honestly think Lindale wins this game.  I think it'll be close.  Wouldn't be SHOCKED to see WH win..... but Lindale is a tough out.

Their RB might be the best in 9-5A.  Their defense is stingy.  Their QB is efficient. 

This is the game of the week for the district.

I've seen both teams play. Mavchamp hit the nail on the head with Lindale. Not flashy, but effective. Good luck stopping Jenkins from getting 4 yards on any given carry.

Whitehouse was not good when I saw them offensively - however, I'm sure they have fixed some issues.

All of that said, I expect a hard fought game here. I think Lindale pulls off the win...something like 24-14