ND vs OC - Thursday Night 10/17

TTman7

My quick thoughts about the game last night...

Penalties were ridiculous and KILLED ND all game long...and alot were in crucial spots and were drive killers. Never seen so many dang false starts in a game by one team. I bet ND had 150+ penalty yards last night. 

OC CAME TO PLAY AND COMPETE LAST NIGHT. They were playing their @$$ off and gave great effort and execution. Really made me proud. 

ND is down to 19 players right now according to my count last night. Injuries and grades have depleted the team and they can't really afford that because the depth is nonexistent. They need to be full strength and have all hands on deck to be able to compete and be at their full potential. No excuse though...really just an observation. 

It's a rivalry game and it felt like it last night for the first time in a long time. Kudos to OC. 

That Ore City QB is pretty good and he was in a zone last night. He had like 300yds(probably) passing and a bunch rushing last night. Made ND's secondary look like swiss cheese. Also, the OC running back was in beast mode and ran hard. 

Great game!! I won either way but glad it turned out the way it did, lol. 

15 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

ND & OC rivals? 

Oh yea!!! Definitely!!! But not on the extreme level it was back in the day. 

In my playing days (late 80s), the ND-OC game was a bigger deal than homecoming for either team. Stadium was packed, and the fences were lined up standing room only....and parking lots were overflow and cars had to park along the highway. 

It's a shame it's not what it used to be. And I wish and hope it could get back to that type of environment.