Timpson Bears (3-3, 1-2) at Joaquin Rams (5-1, 2-0)

trueblue82

Bears or Rams?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Rammy said:

Great win by the Rams, and great attempted comeback by the Bears. Good game on both sides, Joaquin just needs to stop letting the foot off the pedal during the second half of games.

Right!? They went straight for the jugular all night against Garrison. I’m assuming the same went down against LK. Both the Shelbyville game and the Timpson game have similar characteristics...Big half time leads, a couple missed field goals and conservative play calling and you have a loss or a game too close for comfort

• Stinks 1

People that think they run the same 3 plays shows you don’t know the offense nor football. Just because it’s a run right or left doesn’t mean it’s not blocked different or a gap wider. Joaquin only stopped there selves. They drove it inside the 5 twice just didn’t put points on board due to missed field goals 

6 minutes ago, wedge77 said:

People that think they run the same 3 plays shows you don’t know the offense nor football. Just because it’s a run right or left doesn’t mean it’s not blocked different or a gap wider. Joaquin only stopped there selves. They drove it inside the 5 twice just didn’t put points on board due to missed field goals 

Got the same problem with the Garrison football experts🤷🏻‍♂️ 😂

I know Joaquin’s stuff and Garrison’s schemes are very different, but to the experts in the stands we have two run plays, “up the middle” and “outside run” that’s it.

23 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

Got the same problem with the Garrison football experts🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I know Joaquin’s stuff and Garrison’s schemes are very different, but to the experts in the stands we have two run plays, “up the middle” and “outside run” that’s it.

You can't run the direct snap or zone read 90% of the time with no blocking and the entire defense keying on #22 .... it's probably the worst offensive scheme you can run with a weak offensive line .... there are no holes to "find" .... you would think their offensive coordinator would have figured that out by now .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

Look here guys I have played ftball since I was 3yr old. Played HS ball at a high level and played at a rooty poo college. I am gonna critique and give my opinion on what we should or shouldn’t do..... some of the #### I say needs to be ignored. Some of it bears merit. Don’t take it personally...... maybe look at from someone else’s perspective and if it may apply then do so.... If it’s a stupid opinion then ignore it. I am by far from being perfect and often times spew ignorance. But sometimes I might just be a little bit right...... Blood out.... Lets beat the hell out of B’ville 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You can't run the direct snap or zone read 90% of the time with no blocking and the entire defense keying on #22 .... it's probably the worst offensive scheme you can run with a weak offensive line .... there are no holes to "find" .... you would think their offensive coordinator would have figured that out by now .....

You do realize that we run zone probably 5% of the run plays, right?  Actually more often than not there’s at least one lineman pulling, which is not a zone scheme, and a really really easy indicator that we’re not running zone.  Like you should absolutely know we’re not running zone.  You literally just proved my point, Kirt.  You criticize, but you don’t even know the play. Especially tonight, the play where the quarterback kept it sometimes was a power read, not zone read.  

to address your point about what you do with the offensive line: yeah, good question, but to insinuate taking the ball out of Sebastion’s hands is ridiculous, he’s the best player on the field in every game we’ve played this year, you HAVE to give him the ball.  And if he takes the snap, you gain one more blocker, so that makes the most sense.  Anything else you got questions on?

15 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

You do realize that we run zone probably 5% of the run plays, right?  Actually more often than not there’s at least one lineman pulling, which is not a zone scheme, and a really really easy indicator that we’re not running zone.  Like you should absolutely know we’re not running zone.  You literally just proved my point, Kirt.  You criticize, but you don’t even know the play. Especially tonight, the play where the quarterback kept it sometimes was a power read, not zone read.  

to address your point about what you do with the offensive line: yeah, good question, but to insinuate taking the ball out of Sebastion’s hands is ridiculous, he’s the best player on the field in every game we’ve played this year, you HAVE to give him the ball.  And if he takes the snap, you gain one more blocker, so that makes the most sense.  Anything else you got questions on?

I don't care what you call it ... it's a direct snap to #22 or just a hand off to #22 with the imagination of a blind armadillo ... the entire defense knows what's coming, and they have at least eight defenders crashing in on him ... and it's not working very well .... they would be better off running a power I with #25 as a lead blocker .... they are basically wearing Porter out and I will be surprised if he makes it through the season uninjured .... Yes, he's far and away the best player on the field but they aren't using the other players around him very well .... The offense is a bland vanilla sluggish mess ... There are a lot of different sets they could use to spread the ball around and keep defenses more honest, and that would make Porter even more effective .... Why don't they throw a few quick slant passes or loop a back over the middle .... God knows the linebackers are all chasing Porter from the snap ... how about slip a tight end over the middle to keep the defense honest?  They have absolutely zero imagination on offense ... no counter plays, no misdirection .... they are as predictable as sunrise and sunset ... Anything else you haven't noticed? .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

42 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't care what you call it ... it's a direct snap to #22 or just a hand off to #22 with the imagination of a blind armadillo ... the entire defense knows what's coming, and they have at least eight defenders crashing in on him ... and it's not working very well .... they would be better off running a power I with #25 as a lead blocker .... they are basically wearing Porter out and I will be surprised if he makes it through the season uninjured .... Yes, he's far and away the best player on the field but they aren't using the other players around him very well .... The offense is a bland vanilla sluggish mess ... There are a lot of different sets they could use to spread the ball around and keep defenses more honest, and that would make Porter even more effective .... Why don't they throw a few quick slant passes or loop a back over the middle .... God knows the linebackers are all chasing Porter from the snap ... how about slip a tight end over the middle to keep the defense honest?  They have absolutely zero imagination on offense ... no counter plays, no misdirection .... they are as predictable as sunrise and sunset ... Anything else you haven't noticed? .... 

You don’t care what I call it?😂😂.  That literally makes all the difference in the world. You do realize that power is a blocking scheme and zone is a blocking scheme?  They’re not just names of plays that mean nothing.  Be honest with me here, because I need to know what I’m dealing with; do you actually know the difference?  Also yes, they run counter quite a bit too.  You know a counter is also a blocking scheme?  But I think you’re using “counter” instead of ”reverse” probably? the counter they run is identifiable by the backside guard and tackle pulling, which they run almost as much as power.

as far as your “run a slant” & “tight end over the middle to keep the defense honest”.  1) just regurgitating what you hear on ESPN, nice. 2) that’s exactly what the RPO stuff we do is for, to keep the defense honest.  An RPO is a run-pass option, btw, and we already do that, it’s an option on most of our run plays, just requires a read of either a backer or a safety.  Usually a backer though.  If the defender you’re reading comes to play the run, quarterback pulls the ball to throw to the area that the defender vacated.  Usually gonna be a slant or a post, mostly a slant for us.  When Baylor was really good they read the safety a lot on theirs.

Now that’s a novelty idea, the defense is going after the guy with the ball, who woulda thought?   Also, how many formations do you thing we line up in?  Because we definitely line up in quite a bit more than most high schools.

listen, just because you say “it’s a run up the middle” doesn’t mean they’re predictable, it means you think you know what you’re talking about, but you don’t really.  there are multiple multiple “runs up the middle” that are all DIFFERENT blocking schemes, so they all give the defense different looks.  

im not trying to be rude, honestly I’m not. I want to be respectful, but please, just talk about things you know about.  This isn’t one of them.

also, I miss things for sure, and I’m not perfect, but I’d wager my football knowledge against yours any day of the week.

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Also I typically charge $15 for entry into my offense 101 class, so today is your lucky day!

(just a joke to lighten the mood a bit)

6 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Got the same problem with the Garrison football experts🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Do they not have the Touchdown Play anymore???

three weeks ago this staff was winning rings very soon.  Now they need to pull their heads out.🤦🏼‍♂️

7 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

You don’t care what I call it?😂😂.  That literally makes all the difference in the world. You do realize that power is a blocking scheme and zone is a blocking scheme?  They’re not just names of plays that mean nothing.  Be honest with me here, because I need to know what I’m dealing with; do you actually know the difference?  Also yes, they run counter quite a bit too.  You know a counter is also a blocking scheme?  But I think you’re using “counter” instead of ”reverse” probably? the counter they run is identifiable by the backside guard and tackle pulling, which they run almost as much as power.

as far as your “run a slant” & “tight end over the middle to keep the defense honest”.  1) just regurgitating what you hear on ESPN, nice. 2) that’s exactly what the RPO stuff we do is for, to keep the defense honest.  An RPO is a run-pass option, btw, and we already do that, it’s an option on most of our run plays, just requires a read of either a backer or a safety.  Usually a backer though.  If the defender you’re reading comes to play the run, quarterback pulls the ball to throw to the area that the defender vacated.  Usually gonna be a slant or a post, mostly a slant for us.  When Baylor was really good they read the safety a lot on theirs.

Now that’s a novelty idea, the defense is going after the guy with the ball, who woulda thought?   Also, how many formations do you thing we line up in?  Because we definitely line up in quite a bit more than most high schools.

listen, just because you say “it’s a run up the middle” doesn’t mean they’re predictable, it means you think you know what you’re talking about, but you don’t really.  there are multiple multiple “runs up the middle” that are all DIFFERENT blocking schemes, so they all give the defense different looks.  

im not trying to be rude, honestly I’m not. I want to be respectful, but please, just talk about things you know about.  This isn’t one of them.

also, I miss things for sure, and I’m not perfect, but I’d wager my football knowledge against yours any day of the week.

Laughable ... a blind man can see what's  happening with the direct snaps to Porter ... their multiple blocking schemes aren't creating any holes to run through and the defenses are all stacked on the line of scrimmage to stop Porter because they know he's going to run the ball the vast majority of the time ... that's a fact

It didn't take long for defenses to figure that out .... because the line isn't opening any holes to run through, Porter either tries to make a hole up the middle or tries to run outside ...

I'm not knocking Porter, he's  a great player ... I just think the offense isn't taking advantage of the other players and that makes it easier to stop Porter ...

I may not be as familiar with modern football terminology as you, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to defend our offense because it's so predictable ... that's  a fact ...

It worked last season because of superior line blocking, it's not working this year for obvious reasons ...

When something is not working, most people make changes and adjustments ...

8 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Also I typically charge $15 for entry into my offense 101 class, so today is your lucky day!

(just a joke to lighten the mood a bit)

Just because someone is up on all the modern football terminology doesn't mean they know how to apply it and make it work on the football field ... you have to match your football strategy with the personnel you have to be successful and be willing to make adjustments when necessary ... trying to make an offense work regardless of the outcome is a boneheaded strategy that usually gets mediocre results at best ... there are a lot of people out there with tons of "football knowledge" that lose games because they got out coached ...

41 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Laughable ... a blind man can see what's  happening with the direct snaps to Porter ... their multiple blocking schemes aren't creating any holes to run through and the defenses are all stacked on the line of scrimmage to stop Porter because they know he's going to run the ball the vast majority of the time ... that's a fact

It didn't take long for defenses to figure that out .... because the line isn't opening any holes to run through, Porter either tries to make a hole up the middle or tries to run outside ...

I'm not knocking Porter, he's  a great player ... I just think the offense isn't taking advantage of the other players and that makes it easier to stop Porter ...

I may not be as familiar with modern football terminology as you, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to defend our offense because it's so predictable ... that's  a fact ...

It worked last season because of superior line blocking, it's not working this year for obvious reasons ...

When something is not working, most people make changes and adjustments ...

Do you not realize that it doesn’t matter If the defense knows Sebastion is gonna get the football or not?  You have to understand that first and foremost, they’re playing assignment football, the defense doesn’t all just “run straight to #22 on the snap”.  If they did that, they’d get burned, a lot, They have keys that take them to where the ball is gonna go, and you have to respect the keys.  So they don’t just key on Sebastion, they play assignment, like everyone else.

and before you say it, yes, even misdirection plays key to where the ball is going to go, so running those doesn’t make it look like the ball is going one direction and all of a sudden you’re handing it off back around to where there aren’t blockers.  That would be stupid.

The different run plays we have make a difference.  They give you different looks against different defensive fronts where you can take advantages of alignment, and that’s true across the board for every single offense that has ever existed.  Not just “modern” football.  If we went back to 1970, I’d still understand it more than most people, not trying to toot my own horn, I’ve just grown up studying the game.  You see the broad picture of what the result of the play was and make snap judgements about if the play was a good call or not. You’re not looking at how the offense lines up changes what the defensive front 7 does, and seeing that they’re calling plays to take advantage of that alignment.

Yes, Beckville tried to stack the box yesterday, but Sebastion threw the ball a couple of times and they actually backed off.  That’s an adjustment, right?  Also neither Timpson or Alto stacked the box at all.  Joaquin did for a bit, but backed off when we started throwing more.  So that argument doesn’t work.  Especially because our coaches do a lot of what people call “check with me”.  It’s where they check for mismatches against the secondary and will either run the play as called or throw one of the quick screens.  If the defense is stacking the box, they’ll 100% of the time throw the quick screen because there’s a mismatch somewhere else that the defense created for themselves.  Most of the plays Garrison runs has two or three options tagged on to them, but not a lot of people would know that.

this all brings me to my point I’ve been making to you since Alto that you haven’t answered still:  how do you call plays when your line just isn’t capable of blocking that well? (They played great last night, btw, not knocking the kids) if you throw, the defense drops 8 into coverage (like Alto did) and has 5 players sit on short routes to give the pass rush time to get to the quarterback.  If you try stretches and jet sweeps, tackle doesn’t reach the end and the end blows the play up.  If you run rocket and laser (quick screens) the receiver gets called for holding because he’s mauling the corner.  If you run counter, the pulling guard misses the kick out or the tackle misses the play side backer.  If you run power, same thing.  Kids are missing assignments left and right and I know they’ve been coached well on where to go.  In fact, I know you like the twins so much, and they’re superb athletes and they work hard, which is awesome.  But the past couple of games they’ve run the incorrect play where if they’d have run the right one they probably would’ve scored.  Especially the 4th and 1 last night where Kadrick took the pitch and ran the opposite way of the blocking.  Just watching this season, our offense started out really complicated, and has been dumbed down to the very basics over the past couple of weeks and the kids still make lots of mistakes.  Tell me how you fix that.

Oh, also.  They have been making adjustments.  Have you not noticed?

All I gotta say is I back the Ram coaching staff 1000%. Gotta keep in mind these are still young men and it’s not like they inherited a dynasty and it’s not like Joaquin had been graced with talent in years past. This coaching staff, along with all coaching staffs, are not perfect and will make mistakes, but they will learn and adapt. This coaching staff will be the one that gets the ring IF they stay and that takes a community that doesn’t turn on them at the drop of a hat. That’s the problem with small town ball. A few losses or a few bad calls and it’s “Off with his head!”. At the end of the day, The coaching staff has made the program one you have to respect when you step off the bus. We’re in the drivers seat of a very tough district and came in 2nd in what was called the hardest district in all of Texas at this classification last year, All with wayyyy undersized players. I tip my hat to what they’ve done and am looking forward towards what’s to come.