Gilmer vs PG

BIGTEX1972

Gilmer vs PG  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • PG

This poll is closed to new votes

PG did a great job protecting Ben when he dropped back to pass. I was worried that he would not have much time with the play action but he was able to stand tall and deliver some really good throws. Sergio has become the Buckeye nemesis. He had another big night against Gilmer. 
As for the Gilmer QB, I think 12 was clearly the more effective QB. 11 can scoot but his height was an issue trying to pass over those tall PG linemen. There was nowhere for him to run when he tried take off. 12 was killing it on the back shoulder pass. On that first interception the QB and receiver were not on the same page. It certainly was nice to see #11 back for the grove. Kid played great.

Im sure we will meet again. 

Gilmer has improved tremendously from last year. Qb12 looked a lot more comfortable dropping back, and defense is great against the run. I truly expected this type of game last night. It did not disappoint. PG needs to work on special teams, Gilmer had us pinned back with ugly field position the whole first half. Our secondary did a better job on the pass last night, excluding a few busted assignments. But Gilmer receivers had a lot to do with that, good looking group. Both teams have a lot to work on before playoffs, and I expect to a rematch 3rd or forth round. Which in all essence will be the toughest team we will probably see in all of D2. 

10 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Sounds like the fumble through the end zone was a big play. If Gilmer is able to hold onto the ball and score there, it’s a 35-31 ball game.

I could easily see these two teams meeting again. Hopefully, Gilmer can get the second one. 

That was a crucial play.  Touchdown there may not have led to a Gilmer victory but it sure would have had PG sweating!  Really entertaining ballgame and great atmosphere.  Good luck to both of these teams going forward!

Shout out to the Gilmer Oline, if there  is a game ball to be given, they get it, along with Mr. Bush, he carried the load all night, and he did a hell of job, picking up the DEs on pass blocking, take away the turnovers, and the DBs going to sleep on the long PG pass plays, it could of very easily been a different ball game, I suspect this game will be played again and on a neutral site,, kudos to the defense they got the stops needed to give Gilmer the opportunity, other than the 2 long pass plays, and certainly not taking anything away from the PG defense, because they are as billed, but Gilmer certainly had the chances, but turnovers will bite you in these kinds of games, and they bit Gilmer just enough, Eddie Rays fumble going into the end zone for a touch back was just a back breaker, hate it for him, because he had a great game! Congrats to PG, and good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you again around the 4th round!

• Like 2