Gilmer vs PG

BIGTEX1972

Gilmer vs PG  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • PG

This poll is closed to new votes

Going to be good game.  Gilmer is looking better than they were last year, but PG has improved as well.  If both teams play at their best with no or limited mistakes I believe that the game will go to PG.  The Div 1 talent does matter.  However, PG does have to play it's best game to win.  They can not come out flat or overconfident (which I don't believe they will) or Gilmer will win.

That being said - I am going PG 38-17

1 hour ago, Hawks2021 said:

Going to be good game.  Gilmer is looking better than they were last year, but PG has improved as well.  If both teams play at their best with no or limited mistakes I believe that the game will go to PG.  The Div 1 talent does matter.  However, PG does have to play it's best game to win.  They can not come out flat or overconfident (which I don't believe they will) or Gilmer will win.

That being said - I am going PG 38-17

The gap isn’t that far between us 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

The gap isn’t that far between us 

I think you're right.  The gap isn't that far, but it may show to be that wide on the scoreboard because of execution and penalties.  If we cleaned up our game and actually executed, we could play with anybody.  That's my opinion.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I think you're right.  The gap isn't that far, but it may show to be that wide on the scoreboard because of execution and penalties.  If we cleaned up our game and actually executed, we could play with anybody.  That's my opinion.

The latter come with tennison at qb.  

• Like 1

This feels like a game Gilmer needs to win. Not in terms of playoff implications. Just in terms of getting their mojo, or voodoo, or aura, or whatever you want to call it back. If they can put together four good, clean quarters of football, play consistent the whole way through, they can win this game. And if they do, look out. It's the type of win that could be MUCH bigger than just a tick in the district W column. It could provide that shot of epinephrin the Buckeyes have been lacking. It could serve to remind them who they are and what they've accomplished.

• Like 2

Just now, Champ1000 said:

Got an upset . Has PG beaten Gilmer before besides last year. Kinda seems they came out of nowhere and won State.

beat them the last 3 times we played.  twice in 2018 and once in 2017.

• Thanks 1

Pleasant Grove hired a dynamic young coach. It took him a few years, but when they beat the Buckeyes in Gilmer in 2017, that proved that his master strategy was working.

Frankly, the way their program rose to prominence over just a few years reminded me of young Jeff Traylor's first few years here.

• Like 1