Big Sandy at Union Grove

wildcat001

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Good luck tonight @jorr2car!  Take care of business!  So will the JV travel with Varsity tonight or are the JVs playing at another time?  Why are y'all playing on a Thursday night? 🤷‍♂️

JV's played Tuesday night (don't know the outcome). 

Yamboree week in Gilmer (guess it's a bit deal around here). No school today or tomorrow. Kids have so many activities going on at the Yamboree. Just better Thursday night for everyone. 

Probably going to be nice playing a school that isn't 3a, or an undefeated top 10 school in the state for the kids. 

With that being said, you are right they need to handle their business!!!

4 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

JV's played Tuesday night (don't know the outcome). 

Yamboree week in Gilmer (guess it's a bit deal around here). No school today or tomorrow. Kids have so many activities going on at the Yamboree. Just better Thursday night for everyone. 

Probably going to be nice playing a school that isn't 3a, or an undefeated top 10 school in the state for the kids. 

With that being said, you are right they need to handle their business!!!

That explains it!  I've heard of the Gilmer Yamboree over the years, but never been.  I forget about it being "Gilmer Union Grove" and "Gilmer Harmony" or is it "Harmony Union Grove" and "Harmony Harmony?" :rofl:  Anyway, we're just little 'ol A-L-T-O.  lol

I feel like y'all will win pretty handily.  Might be closer than last year, but maybe not?  Harris Poll has BS by 35.....I think my money would be on the blow out!  If you find out who won the JVs, let me know.  They didn't have much prep time! lol

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Don't see BS having too much trouble getting the win, yamboree messes with yalls kids on Friday, and Thursday should be a lot better.. Js 

It really does. Playing on Thursday night Yamboree week, Big Sandy had what was known as "The Yamboree Curse" around here. Lost like 300 of these games in a row. Lol. 

Broke the curse in 2017 with a win over Kearns & won 2 games in a row. Strange things happen on these nights!

If I’m guessing Big sandy probably had no less than 18ish penalties, if Big Sandy plays a clean game with no penalties then Grove was not stopping them, ever. Some kids came mentally prepared and some didn’t, and you could tell who wasn’t mentally there. But a wins a win. Expect a #### off Big Sandy next week, and the Hawkins and Big sandy game won’t be close, if they have a decent week of practice.

• Like 1