Week 8 - Atlanta (1-1) @ Mount Vernon (1-1) - 10/18

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta @ Mount Vernon  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who improves to (2-1) in district?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Mount Vernon Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2019 at 12:30 AM

10 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Both teams coming off of losses. Atlanta losing a tight game to Hughes Springs, and Mount Vernon getting beat convincingly by Jefferson. Who wins?

I’m picking Atlanta, but in a close one. I’m very hesitant about this pick and it’s not that I think Jefferson is better than Atl, we’ll save that for next week lol. Y’all are playing in MV, I’m thinking MV will play with more focus, and their new Qb will have a game behind him to clean some things up. He actually did a really good job against Jefferson but the wr were dropping passes so don’t underestimate this team, they’re still dangerous. If y’all jump on them quick that’s a huge plus, but you can’t let up bc even when they’re getting blown out they don’t slow the tempo. I do think y’all have the speed advantage and I think that’ll be the difference maker. They seem to struggle with speed. Atlanta 42-MV 36

17 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

I’m picking Atlanta, but in a close one. I’m very hesitant about this pick and it’s not that I think Jefferson is better than Atl, we’ll save that for next week lol. Y’all are playing in MV, I’m thinking MV will play with more focus, and their new Qb will have a game behind him to clean some things up. He actually did a really good job against Jefferson but the wr were dropping passes so don’t underestimate this team, they’re still dangerous. If y’all jump on them quick that’s a huge plus, but you can’t let up bc even when they’re getting blown out they don’t slow the tempo. I do think y’all have the speed advantage and I think that’ll be the difference maker. They seem to struggle with speed. Atlanta 42-MV 36

Hopefully we can get it figured out. Not sure what's going to happen now. That loss Friday got us in a pickle for sure. 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hopefully we can get it figured out. Not sure what's going to happen now. That loss Friday got us in a pickle for sure. 

Has something changed for y’all? Surely that loss hasn’t set y’all back that much. HS is a tough team and are doing the right things to win games. 

1 minute ago, Dawg665 said:

Has something changed for y’all? Surely that loss hasn’t set y’all back that much. HS is a tough team and are doing the right things to win games. 

I'll explain some issues we had in that game, and it will sound like I'm making excuses, but I'm not. Hughes Springs deserves that W. They out played us in every aspect of football. But there are things we did that definitely didn't help matters, mental errors if you will. But here's just a lit of things that killed us, and that are out of character:

1. Hughes Springs returned a kickoff back.
2. We had a ball snapped over the punters head, into the endzone. The punter picked the ball up, and ran out of the endzone to get tackled on the 1 yard line.
3. QB isn't throwing the ball away when there is no play to be had. We drove the field before halftime, and we throw a pick inside the 20 trying to force the ball when we had plenty of time (40ish seconds and 3 timeouts). Also, there were numerous occasions where we took a sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. I don't mean running and happen to get sacked. I mean standing 3-4 yards from the out of bounds line, and just ducking down to take the sack rather than throw the ball out. 
4. Mid-3rd we were down 25-21, inside the HS 10, an the center snapped the ball before anyone was set on a 3rd and 1. Probably should have been a penalty, as nobody was set, but instead it resulted in a 6-7 yard loss, and was 4th and 8ish. Instead of kicking the field goal, we opted to go for it, and threw an incomplete pass. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and now we know we should have probably kicked the field goal, but who knows what would have happened at that point.

Make no mistake though, HS swarmed. They tackled very well. Probably the best or one of the best tackling teams we've faced. We had some big plays, and we had a ton of offense, but we had 2 drives end on downs in their territory, along with a pick on the 10. HS would bend but they didn't break often. That and #24 flat ran us over. He did finally get tired, but it was too late. We were down 25-21 and HS was driving to put the game away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Make no mistake though, HS swarmed. They tackled very well. Probably the best or one of the best tackling teams we've faced. We had some big plays, and we had a ton of offense, but we had 2 drives end on downs in their territory, along with a pick on the 10. HS would bend but they didn't break often. That and #24 flat ran us over. He did finally get tired, but it was too late. We were down 25-21 and HS was driving to put the game away. 

That says alot looking at y'all's pre district schedule

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'll explain some issues we had in that game, and it will sound like I'm making excuses, but I'm not. Hughes Springs deserves that W. They out played us in every aspect of football. But there are things we did that definitely didn't help matters, mental errors if you will. But here's just a lit of things that killed us, and that are out of character:

1. Hughes Springs returned a kickoff back.
2. We had a ball snapped over the punters head, into the endzone. The punter picked the ball up, and ran out of the endzone to get tackled on the 1 yard line.
3. QB isn't throwing the ball away when there is no play to be had. We drove the field before halftime, and we throw a pick inside the 20 trying to force the ball when we had plenty of time (40ish seconds and 3 timeouts). Also, there were numerous occasions where we took a sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. I don't mean running and happen to get sacked. I mean standing 3-4 yards from the out of bounds line, and just ducking down to take the sack rather than throw the ball out. 
4. Mid-3rd we were down 25-21, inside the HS 10, an the center snapped the ball before anyone was set on a 3rd and 1. Probably should have been a penalty, as nobody was set, but instead it resulted in a 6-7 yard loss, and was 4th and 8ish. Instead of kicking the field goal, we opted to go for it, and threw an incomplete pass. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and now we know we should have probably kicked the field goal, but who knows what would have happened at that point.

I agree with some of this, especially the excuse part. 😁

11 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

I agree with some of this, especially the excuse part. 😁

Haha just an observation. I didn't say "We would have won IF." Just pointing out some things that definitely made matters worse that we've gotta work on. 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Y'all will be alright. Everything you said can be fixed. Maybe getting 3rd or 4th won't be a bad thing if it were to happen. 2nd place maybe seeing koff. Something to think about. I'm sure yous would like some payback. Lol

59 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Y'all will be alright. Everything you said can be fixed. Maybe getting 3rd or 4th won't be a bad thing if it were to happen. 2nd place maybe seeing koff. Something to think about. I'm sure yous would like some payback. Lol

Oh I would love some payback lol. Yeah this is all stuff they can work on. Just hard to watch it all transpire at once lol. 

10 hours ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Does anyone have Atlanta Stats for that game? Pass attempts/Yards. Rush Attempt/Yards

Atlanta had 184 yards passing on 14 of 24

207 yards rushing, Dra Nelson had 118 on 17 carries; Caleb Hamilton 93 yards on 9 carries

J.J. Fields 4 receptions, 94 yards

16 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Going with the Rabbs in a runaway!

The missing players hurt MV.

I was thinking did that missing QB and WR having anything to do with Jefferson punishing their defense to a tune of around 408 yards on the ground. I'm sure they score more with the other 2 kids but they had no answers defensively.  Jefferson had 47 going into the 4th. Starters were pulled all 4th quarter.  They stay in, Jefferson scores 60+

3 hours ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

I was thinking did that missing QB and WR having anything to do with Jefferson punishing their defense to a tune of around 408 yards on the ground. I'm sure they score more with the other 2 kids but they had no answers defensively.  Jefferson had 47 going into the 4th. Starters were pulled all 4th quarter.  They stay in, Jefferson scores 60+

“We gave’m what they asked for” lol

4 hours ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

We will never know. We do know they beat HS with those boys. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

Not sure how much those kids being out played with their mental state as well. Probably be pretty demoralizing knowing those 2 kids were gone. 

That being said, still gotta play ball. I'd be wanting to prove we could win without them personally, but I'm not in that teenage mindset anymore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Atlanta had 184 yards passing on 14 of 24

207 yards rushing, Dra Nelson had 118 on 17 carries; Caleb Hamilton 93 yards on 9 carries

J.J. Fields 4 receptions, 94 yards

Almost 400 yards. Gah I wish I had access to Atlanta's stats.