UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

31 minutes ago, AKA said:

Isn't 2022 pretty much the end of Lobos being 6A? 

IMO yep. But who knows for sure. 

I just can't see us keeping up. I don't know what the numbers are like down in the elementary schools, but we all knew this big influx that was keeping us 6A was coming (the 2018-19 and 2020-21 groups). 

But I haven't heard anything about the lower schools recently. I can't imagine they'll be bigger than what we have now tbh. Maybe the same, but the same will get us gobbled up into 5A D1.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I just can't see us keeping up. I don't know what the numbers are like down in the elementary schools, but we all know this big influx that was keeping us 6A was coming (the 2018-19 and 2020-21 groups). 

But I haven't heard anything about the lower schools recently. I can't imagine they'll be bigger than what we have now tbh. Maybe the same, but the same will get us gobbled up into 5A D1.

That in itself would be interesting.. Would put Lobo in the convo every year for title competition.. 

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I just can't see us keeping up. I don't know what the numbers are like down in the elementary schools, but we all know this big influx that was keeping us 6A was coming (the 2018-19 and 2020-21 groups). 

Yeah, as much growth as we're seeing (which is really good!) it's just not the same as the metro areas of DFW/Houston/Austin. Those areas (both metro and suburban) are absolutely blowing up. 

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Theres a window the schools have to submit their numbers....its not about how many kids are present that day...that's a myth...its how many kids are enrolled

Which makes perfect sense.

If they did it by how many are present that day, you could manipulate enrollment like crazy.

Not that there isnt loopholes to do it anyway.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic