UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longview High School has certified 2,186.5students for the UIL's biennial "Snapshot Day" realignment report.

The numbers are used by combining 2,094 full-time Longview High students, 29 part-time LHS students (which are calculated as 14.5 students), and 78 Early Graduation High School students.

According to UIL policy, students attending school less than fulltime, students receiving less than four hours of instruction per day, "shall be counted as a half (.5) student each."

How is 4A in bEast Texas going to shake out between Division 1 and 2?

I thought I read someone saying Carthage was close to the falling to Division 2 in the last snapshot?

Will Gladewater bounce back to 4A?

What might the new D.O.D. look like?

40 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Why???

They hold their own pretty dang well in this district.  Did the same when they were with Lufkin, JT, and Ennis. 

Tons of respect for Lindale. 

One year they did. Not every year they played them. You don't think they'd rather drop down and be the biggest school than the smallest? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

That number is lower than what AKA reported. Just surprised by the enrollment numbers if true. Lv lost a lot of kids. Anyone know why? 

I don't think they loss any kids. 

I think if you go count every head at LHS + Lead, there's probably 2300+ of them.

But there are loopholes for how you count. Sounds like you no longer have to fully count part time students or early grads which I think went into effect this past realignment. Sounds like we have 200-250 students who fit the criteria. 

I dunno for sure...but 5AD1...here come the Bos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

And it was tweeted out by the official school district twitter.

That said, I’m still shocked.

It was going to happen at some point. Just surprised it’s 2,186.5 now after the 2242 two years ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I don't think they loss any kids. 

I think if you go count every head at LHS + Lead, there's probably 2300+ of them.

But there are loopholes for how you count. Sounds like you no longer have to fully count part time students or early grads which I think went into effect this past realignment. Sounds like we have 200-250 students who fit the criteria. 

I dunno for sure...but 5AD1...here come the Bos.

Gotcha. So basically 84 is cooking the books over there?

I’m kidding 84 😂 

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, Lobo1111 said:

Longview High School has certified 2,186.5students for the UIL's biennial "Snapshot Day" realignment report.

The numbers are used by combining 2,094 full-time Longview High students, 29 part-time LHS students (which are calculated as 14.5 students), and 78 Early Graduation High School students.

According to UIL policy, students attending school less than fulltime, students receiving less than four hours of instruction per day, "shall be counted as a half (.5) student each."

Well this is an interesting break down.

52 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Why???

They hold their own pretty dang well in this district.  Did the same when they were with Lufkin, JT, and Ennis. 

Tons of respect for Lindale. 

In the last 20 years Lindale has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs maybe 4 times. Never to the 3rd round. If that was your Mavericks would you say "well we are holding our own, let's just stay" or want to move down and have a shot at consistently going several rounds deep every year? 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic