Ricks - Sr - Abilene Christian
Robinson - Sr - New Orleans

2nd Team
Koval - Jr - Central Arkansas
Brown - Sr - McNeese
Jones - Jr - Central Arkansas
Kennedy - Sr - McNeese
Atwood - Sr - Lamar

A LOT of change to the SFA roster (Bold means new this year). Harris led the SLC in scoring last year and should have a big year. All the videos I have seen, Comeaux is looking more like he did two years ago when healthy. He seems to have that same explosion back. Of the new guys, Kachelries and Ware at the guard position will be big. Daniels and Kensmil will play like grown men in the paint. 

Last year the Jacks were killed by terrible team chemistry and some bad attitudes. Keller lost the locker room, hence the massive turnover. So far all reports have things being night and day different. The players get along and seem to be genuinely good people on top of outstanding athletes. This is a big year for Keller. The roster is restocked with a lot of highly touted players (something like three or four top-100 JUCO transfers), not to mention goood freshmen in Hart, Solomon, and McDaniel. If he can't win now, I don't think he ever will in Nac...

0 - Sama'zha Hart - F - FR
1 - Kevon Harris - G/F - Sr
2 - Roti Ware - G - JR (TR)
3 - Cameron Johnson - G - JR (TR)
4 - David Kachelries - G - JR (TR)

10 - John Comeaux - G - SR
11 - Oddyst Walker - G - SO
12 - Charlie Daniels - F - JR (TR)
13 - Calvin Solomon - F - FR
14 - Gavin Kensmil - F - JR (TR)
15 - Kharee McDaniel - G - FR
20 - Landon Badgley - F - FR

23 - Nathan Bain - F - SR
24 - Tyler Zivney - G - SO
25 - Gabe Matturro - G - FR
35 - Demiere Brown - G - JR (TR)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RonSwanson said:

Jacks looks deep this year with talented players. Freshmen class recruiting was a huge success. Brown, a top 100 Juco hasn’t played yet due to injury. Should be a good year. 

Hearing Brown is out for the year.

All three of their commits signed yesterday: 

G: Jaylin Posey 6-2; 190 *** #49 PG Nation (Rivals)
G: DeAndre Heckard 6-2; 170 *** (Rivals) TJC
F: Nana Antwi-Boasiako 6-9; 225 *** (Rivals) Nacogdoches HS

16 hours ago, topher805 said:

Has to have the results this year or his pieces are going to be really nice for someone else...

Bingo!

Here is hoping that they jacks have success...because WRJ is a much more exciting place to watch a game when the crowds are large. 

8 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

Hope Hart is a one game thing.   Hoping both will be back for Rutgers. 

I believe it was minor. Hart should be back and add to the depth. 

Apparently McDaniels was limping around pretty badly Saturday. I would love to have him for Rutgers, but I think we have that game in hand without. I would prefer to have him back in December as we gear up for conference and hopefully bolster our non-conference resume with wins over Alabama and Monroe. I actually anticipate us going into conference play with just one loss right now (Duke)...

3 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I believe it was minor. Hart should be back and add to the depth. 

Apparently McDaniels was limping around pretty badly Saturday. I would love to have him for Rutgers, but I think we have that game in hand without. I would prefer to have him back in December as we gear up for conference and hopefully bolster our non-conference resume with wins over Alabama and Monroe. I actually anticipate us going into conference play with just one loss right now (Duke)...

I watched Duke play Central Arkansas. Duke full court pressed almost the whole game. CA couldn’t handle the pressure. I think they will press SFA.  Keller needs to work on a press break religiously. 

Not a great outting from the Jacks in New Jersey, falling to Rutgers 69-57.

SFA made a good comeback in the second half, cutting the deficit to 7 with just over a minute left. Rutgers sealed it at the free throw line...SFA players and coaches going to kick themselves after watching the film on this one. Definitely a winnable game.

On to Duke...