SFA Basketball 2019 - 2020

RETIREDFAN1

3 minutes ago, 1jacket said:

Big win for SFA.

I suppose technically one could argue the win over VCU in the tournament a few years back is still the biggest, but anybody who's paid any attention at all to college hoops the last 20-30 years knows VCU sure as heck ain't Duke!

Happy SFA alum here...……...Several positives could come from this win down the road, but 2 stick out to me right now...…...1) Any possible recruit considering SFA and a Baylor, TCU, etc. is more likely to choose SFA after beating Duke...…………..2) If we do okay/good the rest of non-conference and win the regular season Southland, we probably don't have to win the conference tourney to get an invite to the big dance.

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Happy SFA alum here...……...Several positives could come from this win down the road, but 2 stick out to me right now...…...1) Any possible recruit considering SFA and a Baylor, TCU, etc. is more likely to choose SFA after beating Duke...…………..2) If we do okay/good the rest of non-conference and win the regular season Southland, we probably don't have to win the conference tourney to get an invite to the big dance.

We have Arkansas State (Away), Arlington Baptist (Home), Alabama (Away), and Louisiana Monroe (Home) left for non-conference. Winning out might help get an at-large. A loss to any team not named Alabama would kill at-large hopes. 

45 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Hopefully SFA keeps him around a while. It would nice seeing a whichta , Vcu or a smaller school for Sfa  become a power contender like Butler. Those wins alone get you promoted lol. Andy Enfield took Florida Gulf Coast to sweet 16 and got USC job. 

I want to keep him. Any doubts of his coaching ability were put to sleep. His quote on the Dan Patrick Show this morning was great. 

Tons of credit to Ryan Ivey capitalizing on this. He was hired as AD because he has a reputation as a strong fundraiser, and he is killing it today...

The Purple Lights Fund has a promo, donate $28 (Spread was Duke -28) for one entry or donate $85.83 (Final score was 85-83) for four entries to win an autographed ball from last nights game. SFA also offering a $28 package for the remaining Saturday home games (vs. Louisiana Monroe, Paul Quinn, Incarnate Word, New Orleans, Lamar, and Sam Houston). 

SFA also had a GoFundMe set up for Nathan Bain (He is from Freeport, Bahamas and his family lost everything in Hurricane Dorian). They set up the GoFundMe in September and going into last nights game it was sitting around $2,000. Last I heard it was creeping up on $60,000. Kid is special and this shows there is more than just a game at play here...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Jacks start slow today but turned it around........76 - 57 win. 

A 19-point win on the road after beating Duke? I will take that smiling...

Arlington Baptist at home and then a quick trip to Tuscaloosa to face Alabama.  

Was disappointed after the Rutgers loss. Was obviously on cloud 9 after the performance against Duke. Pleasantly surprised with thumping Arkansas State. Don't let me down now Jacks, everything else is crumbling around me (UT football, Cowboys etc)