SFA Basketball 2019 - 2020

RETIREDFAN1

58 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

Jacks better bring that same intensity with Alabama. ESPN indicator gives us a 22.2 chance of winning. 

Bama isnt that good this year. Haslametrics has SFA projected to win something like 84-79. I feel confident of a win, but Bama will come ready to play... 

15 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Bama isnt that good this year. Haslametrics has SFA projected to win something like 84-79. I feel confident of a win, but Bama will come ready to play... 

I guess I’m just cautious. Playing an SEC team on their court will be very difficult. We can get the W but we better dig in. 

Gameday! SFA is a 9.5-point dog tonight. Number has come down from 11, but not a whole lot of respect right now for the Jacks.

Alabama is dealing with some bumps and bruises, so I'm curious what their depth will look like tonight. I feel confident about this one, but we will see. We definitely aren't coming in under the radar here and Bama has been playing better basketball as of late...

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

ULM shot over 50% from three land and played a mean zone to give the Jacks a scare. SFA gets a challenge but at least gets the W 

First game I have had the opportunity to catch in person. That zone from ULM was causing us fits. Roti and Cam came up big shooting the ball from deep. 

Cant wait for the construction to finish up. That is a long walk to the beer section...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Personally I would love for sfa to become like a whitita or Vcu. Butler probably the biggest non tradional power. 

Definitely doable. The athletic department, BoR, and President want it. The $26 million practice facility will be HUGE. 

It will take help getting the faculty behind it as well. The recruits are coming and getting better and better each class. We are getting big wins, we just need to keep doing that and start making the second weekend of the tournament...

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, topher805 said:

Two road wins this week. An 11 point win at Southeastern LA and a 21 point win at New Orleans. 4-0 in conference play now. 

Not all great news. Hart is serving a suspension. Second of the year...

I hope Hart gets on board quickly. He has a tremendous upside. Seems to be good kid. 

46 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

I hope Hart gets on board quickly. He has a tremendous upside. Seems to be good kid. 

I haven't heard any details and I really don't expect to, but I feel like (REALLY HOPE) this is just a case of freshman growing pains...Then again, I think that is what ran Mitch and Nicholas off from Nac...

22 hours ago, topher805 said:

SFA back in the AP Poll receiving a vote...

I don't think the non-conference is good enough to get an at-large, but it should we be fun to see how close they could get if they somehow ran the table through the regular season conference slate.

36 minutes ago, TxFight said:

I don't think the non-conference is good enough to get an at-large, but it should we be fun to see how close they could get if they somehow ran the table through the regular season conference slate.

If we go undefeated during conference play, and lose at the buzzer in the semifinals, maaaaybe...The loss to Rutgers isn't bad anymore, and the loss to Alabama is starting to look better. Both could end up being Q1 losses. That said, being a small mid-major, I would rather not leave anything to chance. Win the regular season. Win the tournament. Get an 11-12 seed and I'm okay...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Rutgers with a win over #20 Penn State. That's their second top-25 win. That helps us a lot...

10 hours ago, topher805 said:

If we go undefeated during conference play, and lose at the buzzer in the semifinals, maaaaybe...The loss to Rutgers isn't bad anymore, and the loss to Alabama is starting to look better. Both could end up being Q1 losses. That said, being a small mid-major, I would rather not leave anything to chance. Win the regular season. Win the tournament. Get an 11-12 seed and I'm okay...

No doubt that it is a VERY far stretch. It is purely a seeding game now. You want to run the table in the conference so that you wind up in the low double digit seeds and not a 14/15 seed. At the end of the day though...gotta get right in 1 weekend in Katy or the previous 30 some odd games are irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

By far their worst performance of the year. I know undefeated through conference was unreasonable, but a loss at home to one of the worst teams in the conference is not good. Corpus had one of their best games in school history. Shot like 60% from three and 94% from the free throw line. Ridiculous numbers...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, topher805 said:

By far their worst performance of the year. I know undefeated through conference was unreasonable, but a loss at home to one of the worst teams in the conference is not good. Corpus had one of their best games in school history. Shot like 60% from three and 94% from the free throw line. Ridiculous numbers...

And SFA didn’t shoot very good at the line