The Red Headed Clapper

I believe Jerry’s convinced he’s just as capable of building a Super Bowl winning team as Jimmy Johnson, & come hell or high water he’s bound & determined to prove it. Until that happens, I fear the only way he’s gonna let go of the reins will be due to a completely incapacitating event, or his funeral. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BlueBlazes said:

I believe Jerry’s convinced he’s just as capable of building a Super Bowl winning team as Jimmy Johnson, & come hell or high water he’s bound & determined to prove it. Until that happens, I fear the only way he’s gonna let go of the reins will be due to a completely incapacitating event, or his funeral. 

Pre-Salery cap era Jimmy was good, but once the salary cap came into being Jimmy could not coach Miami out of a wet paper bag.

8 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Pre-Salery cap era Jimmy was good, but once the salary cap came into being Jimmy could not coach Miami out of a wet paper bag.

True, but the fact of the matter is, the team that won 3 Super Bowls was built by Jimmy & that association will always be there, which sticks in Jerry’s craw everyday. Also, it has nothing to do with what happened between the two of them, or what that ultimately cost Jerry & the organization.Those things all play a part in why Jerry has to be the GM, & why he can’t hire a coach then step back & let the man do his job. In the history of Jones ownership, the Cowboys have had 2 football coaches, & it ended quickly with both, leaving a bad taste in all their mouths. All the others have been Yes Men, especially Jason Garrett.

6 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I though the DB coach was supposed to be a somebody, the guy is basically the DC, and his defense has more holes in it then swiss cheese...Also Conner Williams and Fleming (the swing tackle) are soft. So put Sua-fula back at guard, he is a brawler 

Williams looks like a whiff as a 2nd rounder. The added weight and muscle was nice but a mean streak woulda been better. The McGovern kid might beat him out next year. XSF would be a small but impactful move. Get back to mauling guys up front for Zeke. 

Richard and Greg Jackson have a mess in the secondary. Probably the best cover corner can’t get on the field (Jourdan Lewis). Jeff Heath is a talent maxed guy who isn’t making plays. Chido has a taken a step back. Byron Jones’ play is down either from a career year or the hip injury still has him playing less than 100%. The Xavier Woods breakout year was over stated. 

The d-line is a donut. Solid on the edge with a lot of nothing in the middle. Quinn has been a good pickup. D-Law’s numbers don’t match the impact he’s having. Tyrone Crawford is out for the year. Antwan Woods is your best run stopper and to be honest, your only run stopper. Trysten Hill is a 2nd rounder who can’t get on the field. Dallas has got to do something about getting someone inside who can clog things up and let Jaylon and LVE make plays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

DING DING DING.       The legacy of Jimmy Johnson is a fraud.   He’s the one that said Miami was Super Bowl ready in his successful attempt to unseat Shula and take the job.      How did that end up?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...