WATCH: PSA Claims ‘Tackle Football Is Like Smoking’

RETIREDFAN1

What's crazy is they have the kids actually lighting up what appears to be cigarettes.  There is no comparison between the two.  Smoking decreases your lung capacity while football increases your lung capacity with the amount of running you do.  The shortness of breath from playing football only lasts a few moments, smoking can take it away for good.  Even comic strips are attempting to make playing football look bad.  In a recent strip of "Funky Winkerbean" the old Westview High School football star and former coach Jerome "Bull" Bushka takes his life by driving off a road and off the side of a cliff, because he was turned down by the NFL for his claim for concussions for his one year with the St. Louis Cardinals.  http://mikelynchcartoons.blogspot.com/2019/09/a-funky-winkerbean-tragedy.html

46 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

We didn't HAVE any football til Jr high.....lol

We had pee wee football in 1979 when I was in 5th grade.  I'd go back and do it all over again.  I thought P.T. was going to dominate in sports in the 80's, because my Steelers won the first Super Bowl at Judson Middle School over the Gladewater Bears.  At Pine Tree we had football starting in the 7th grade.  I was disappointed that we didn't have it in the 6th grade, and that year they would alternate music one day and P.E. the next.  I wanted P.E. everyday, because then it was just boys P.E. and not combined like it was grades 2-5. K-1 it was simply called recess, but we did play many games that are banned today even then.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, etxfootball2010 said:

There’s no way this is real lol. Do people actually believe stuff like this?

Yes they do otherwise there would not be a PSA.  I know some kids lead with their helmets when tackling, but I was taught to put my nose mask  in an offensive players ear hole.  I'm still here, and I don't feel any ill effects.  Roger Staubach felt them too, and he didn't join the lawsuit against the NFL.  We simply grow old, and senilism starts to sink in.  Some of us remember more than others.  

• Like 1