Shock poll: 1/3 of black males back Trump against Dem candidate President won only 13% of demographic in 2016

RETIREDFAN1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

What exactly is your counter argument for information given? The source of it? Are you saying that there is some magical place where you find out things, besides reading or listening to TV or radio news? I mean, if you are finding out important info at the auto parts store, Walmart, or even your local DQ, then sure, that can be trusted! 

Aha, a great educational moment.  I feel absolutely honored to be able to tell you of another avenue of News and information.  The Rush Limbaugh radio show comes on daily.  Here, it’s on KLVI 56AM in Beaumont at 11am.  I’d bet that he’s on at least one station up there.  Sadly, I rarely get to listen since I retired, but a wonderful opportunity for your edification.   

You can thank me later.   Have a great day Barry.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Aha, a great educational moment.  I feel absolutely honored to be able to tell you of another avenue of News and information.  The Rush Limbaugh radio show comes on daily.  Here, it’s on KLVI 56AM in Beaumont at 11am.  I’d bet that he’s on at least one station up there.  Sadly, I rarely get to listen since I retired, but a wonderful opportunity for your edification.   

You can thank me later.   Have a great day Barry.

Larry would melt if he ever heard the wisdom of Rush.....😂😂

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Larry would melt if he ever heard the wisdom of Rush.....😂😂

I was expecting a dissertation b-slapping Rush, but crickets.  I feel for his health.  Quite possible his head exploded. 😂

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Rush isn’t a journalist nor a very knowledgeable and educated person, so I put him with Alex Jones, who had to admit in court he was just an entertainer. Wasted my energy even typing that truth. 😏

The only journalists in Larry's book are the liars at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC.......

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Rush isn’t a journalist nor a very knowledgeable and educated person, so I put him with Alex Jones, who had to admit in court he was just an entertainer. Wasted my energy even typing that truth. 😏

At least you’re still kicking, even though you still have cognitive dysfunction from being dropped on your head as a child (out of a 4th floor window, 😂).   

Save your remaining energy responding to this witty repartee.  😄

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The only journalists in Larry's book are the liars at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC.......

“Journalist” reporting the News in a style similar to that of Dr. Joseph Goebbels.  Old Joseph would be head of CNN for sure.

I get it...he has been fleecing conservatives for a long time, inflaming, instigating, telling lies, making fun, but generally serving as a role model as a sarcastic, big headed, drug addicted, three times divorced millionaire, who loves to fly to mysterious places in the Dominican Republic. But, he has NO degree, no background in public policy or journalism or real history. He is a partisan ENTERTAINER, nothing more. 

And when I think of journalists, I think of newspapers and magazines and even news show, not talking heads and 'personalities' on TV. People with real background and educations and experience and knowledge in what they are covering, hopefully in an objective manner, are journalists. 

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And when I think of journalists, I think of newspapers and magazines and even news show, not talking heads and 'personalities' on TV. People with real background and educations and experience and knowledge in what they are covering, hopefully in an objective manner, are journalists. 

Dan Rather, maybe??? 

I think you are missing my point...I am talking about Woodward and Bernstein. But, yes, Dan Rather did have a degree and even taught journalism for a short amount of time, however 'conservatives' feel about him, since he went after Dubya a long time ago.

And, let me say, you can be a journalist and be on TV, but you should be defined by journalism standards. RUSH isn't a journalist. Glenn Beck isn't a journalist, Sean Hannity isn't a journalist. Tucker Carlson does have a degree in history, but he is still an entertainer. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

I think you are missing my point...I am talking about Woodward and Bernstein. But, yes, Dan Rather did have a degree and even taught journalism for a short amount of time, however 'conservatives' feel about him, since he went after Dubya a long time ago.

And, let me say, you can be a journalist and be on TV, but you should be defined by journalism standards. RUSH isn't a journalist. Glenn Beck isn't a journalist, Sean Hannity isn't a journalist. Tucker Carlson does have a degree in history, but he is still an entertainer. 

Yet they are STILL reporting the news on their shows........honestly, unlike say Wolf Blitzer and Dan Rather.......

• Like 1

Seems like old Larry thinks if you don’t have a college degree, you’re incapable of reporting the News, or doing much else.  It all sounds good until someone brings up Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Mark Zuckerberg.   I know a few folks like that, so Larry’s not unique in his misguided beliefs.  Seems a lot of folks require something, someone, or somewhere to look down on.  

Just now, Hagar said:

Seems like old Larry thinks if you don’t have a college degree, you’re incapable of reporting the News, or doing much else.  It all sounds good until someone brings up Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or Mark Zuckerberg.   I know a few folks like that, so Larry’s not unique in his misguided beliefs.  Seems a lot of folks require something, someone, or somewhere to look down on.  

We call those people “A-holes” over here in Panola County...😜

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

You can talk directly TO ME, if you like, Hagar, with your muttering. And, I want our doctors, our lawyers, our teachers, our journalists, our auto mechanics, our plumbers, our electricians, to be trained, educated, degreed or certified, so that they will do the best job possible. I think that's what a successful society should strive for...you don't?

Those three men you listed, all WERE educated to a point, then they went out and were successful, not finishing their degrees, not that they were hayseeds who just poofed out of nowhere. The value of education is very important and personal to me. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You can talk directly TO ME, if you like, Hagar, with your muttering. And, I want our doctors, our lawyers, our teachers, our journalists, our auto mechanics, our plumbers, our electricians, to be trained, educated, degreed or certified, so that they will do the best job possible. I think that's what a successful society should strive for...you don't?

Those three men you listed, all WERE educated to a point, then they went out and were successful, not finishing their degrees, not that they were hayseeds who just poofed out of nowhere. The value of education is very important and personal to me. 

I have a question for you, Larry/Barry/Mary... & I will Assume you are a teacher, since education is so vital to you... In your own teaching of children, do you espouse all of the hatred & vitriol for President Donald J. Trump to your students as you do here? I certainly Hope not.🤨

16 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have a question for you, Larry/Barry/Mary... & I will Assume you are a teacher, since education is so vital to you... In your own teaching of children, do you espouse all of the hatred & vitriol for President Donald J. Trump to your students as you do here? I certainly Hope not.🤨

Got 30 plus years done in public education and served many roles, but NO, I have not and will not bring my personal political leanings into any school I am in, because I consider my students to be a captive audience, and that it would be unethical and just wrong to push my views on them. Don't think that is the case for enough out there. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Got 30 plus years done in public education and served many roles, but NO, I have not and will not bring my personal political leanings into any school I am in, because I consider my students to be a captive audience, and that it would be unethical and just wrong to push my views on them. Don't think that is the case for enough out there. 

I agree with this...  in fact, during my teaching days, I always tried to represent a diversity of views on a given issue. "Some historians suggest _____, while others say _____." Or "Research is mixed on this issue, with a large consensus arguing that _____, while a smaller group suggesting that _____." 

There are so many gray areas in history and science and the realm of ideas. In education it's important to discuss and think through issues critically and analytically, rather than just accept everything anyone tells us about anything. 

41 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That’s good to hear....

2 hours ago, mellon said:

Just how did Russia hack the elections?

TRIED and will again...from a July 25th article in the NY TIMES. 

WASHINGTON — The Senate Intelligence Committee concluded Thursday that election systems in all 50 states were targeted by Russia in 2016, an effort more far-reaching than previously acknowledged and one largely undetected by the states and federal officials at the time.

But while the bipartisan report’s warning that the United States remains vulnerable in the next election is clear, its findings were so heavily redacted at the insistence of American intelligence agencies that even some key recommendations for 2020 were blacked out.