Poll: Majority of Republicans Back Trump’s Syria Decision

RETIREDFAN1

I back it and more, get out of Iraq, South Korea, Germany, Japan, Afghanistan, South Korea has a very big and capable army they can take care of themselves, Japan needs to start spending for their own defense. Afghanistan will fall as soon as we leave but I could care less, they hate us anyhow.  

What is going on in this world? I thought that the GOP were the war mongers in this country and now, as of last night, all the Democrats were talking about staying in the middle east, fighting and protecting people. Heck, even Joe Blow said that he would have jets and helicopters protecting folks. I thought the Democrats were against the war, but now they are for it. Barry, what is going on. Are they flip flopping? Are they confused? Are they just hypocritical? or Are they against anything this President does? LOL

41 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

What is going on in this world? I thought that the GOP were the war mongers in this country and now, as of last night, all the Democrats were talking about staying in the middle east, fighting and protecting people. Heck, even Joe Blow said that he would have jets and helicopters protecting folks. I thought the Democrats were against the war, but now they are for it. Barry, what is going on. Are they flip flopping? Are they confused? Are they just hypocritical? or Are they against anything this President does? LOL

I've only been pro-war when we have been attacked, and I just wanted to get in and get out.  This constant war business is killing us especially in Uncle Sam's pocket.  Let them fight it out.  As for the Dems they simply want to disagree with anything President Trump does.  

35 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The vote was overwhelming in the House, including most Republicans, condemning the move. So, is this a republic or a democracy? I know the answer that I have been given on here many times. 

If Congress wants to keep troops in that region, let them exercise their Constitutional authority and declare a war.....otherwise, shut up and let the commander-in-chief command.........

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

If Congress wants to keep troops in that region, let them exercise their Constitutional authority and declare a war.....otherwise, shut up and let the commander-in-chief command.........

So anywhere we have troops, we need to declare war to keep them there? And, that sounds like a monarchy you are describing there...

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

So anywhere we have troops, we need to declare war to keep them there? And, that sounds like a monarchy you are describing there...

I have been saying THAT for years.......Congress should be the arbiter of war, as the founders intended when they WROTE the Constitution.......but they have abdicated that power to the president with the "War Powers Act", so they should either repeal said act and declare war, or shut up and reap what they have sown........

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

So, just so I have this straight...no troops in Germany, Japan, South Korea? No bases in Greenland or Australia? We have 800 military bases in 70 countries right now. 

You got that 100% correct.....let them defend themselves.........of course, under your prior identity as LarryDavid, you know this has been MY view for as long as I've been here.....if someone doesn't attack us directly, it's none of our business.......

41 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The vote was overwhelming in the House, including most Republicans, condemning the move. So, is this a republic or a democracy? I know the answer that I have been given on here many times. 

I understand what you are saying, that many are condemning the President for this move. But I believe that this country is a Democratic Republic, not completely democratic, or we would all get vote on all laws. More of a Representative Democracy, as we elect representatives to vote the way we would vote, unless you are in the minority of your district and they vote opposite of your view. 

In this situation, where there is actually fighting going on--such as battles--I would think that the Congress should have to declare war if they want troops to stay there. I mean, how long have we been in these regions where "NO WAR" was declared. How many American lives have to be lost to keep a peace that has never been kept in the history of man. I believe it is better to bring our troops home from everywhere, including bases around the world. But that is just my opinion and like noses, everyone has one. 

And please don't throw out your ISIS will come back, because it wasn't this president that allowed ISIS to exist to begin with. And it sure wasn't this president that allowed the Russians to go to Syria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War. So if your are joining the GOP to say that ISIS will comeback because we left the region, you might want to go back to the hypocrite mirror. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

We shouldn't have forces in place to help preserve the peace or our interests? We shouldn't be in strategic position, in case war does break out? 

no we should not......we should have bases and troops on OUR borders protecting OUR citizens from the invasion going on right now.....let the rest of the world protect themselves.......

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Americans do travel the world quite a bit, actually go out there and conduct business. 

They do so at their own risk......it's not our place to be the policemen of the world......if Americans are not safe in those countries, they won't go......then those countries will beef up their OWN security or lose a lot of $$$$......simple laissez faire capitalism......

• Thanks 1