Pro-Trump teens get their parking spots censored

RETIREDFAN1

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

My daughters go to a high school where a student wearing a 'We Are All Human' shirt in rainbow colors was told not to wear it again, while NRA and Trump shirts aren't affected. How do you feel about that? 

The same......IF you really have daughters and that is a real situation.........Free speech is free speech......

• Like 1

I really do have daughters AND sons, but I am not going to produce birth certificates. And, that is a real situation. I appreciate your equity, but I disagree that administrators can't enforce what they might see as a security issue regarding political comments on parking lots or even clothing. I think there should be a clear cut issue, but students don't have unlimited free speech on school campuses. The Supreme Court has ruled on that. 

13 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I really do have daughters AND sons, but I am not going to produce birth certificates. And, that is a real situation. I appreciate your equity, but I disagree that administrators can't enforce what they might see as a security issue regarding political comments on parking lots or even clothing. I think there should be a clear cut issue, but students don't have unlimited free speech on school campuses. The Supreme Court has ruled on that. 

Cite the case........and remember those great rulings from the past from the court you libs seem to worship......Dred Scott and Plessy v Ferguson,.......just because the court ruled on it, don't make it right or even Constitutional........

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Nope...I want the actual court case and ruling, NOT some libtards interpretation of the justices interpretation of the Constitution.......

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I went back and read that....those rulings for the most part are just as absurd and wrong as Dred Scott and Plessy........just goes to show that regular guys can read and comprehend the Constitution better than overpaid lawyers.....

In the 1986 court case Bethel School District v. Fraser, the Supreme Court ruled that a high school student's sexual innuendo-laden speech during a school assembly was not constitutionally protected. The court said the protection of student political speech created in the Tinker case did not extend to vulgar language in a school setting. The court ruled that similar language may be constitutionally protected if used by adults to make a political point, but that those protections did not apply to students in a public school.

Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier was a 1988 court case where a high school principal blocked the school paper from publishing two articles about divorce and teenage pregnancy. The Supreme Court ruled that schools have the right to regulate the content of non-forum, school-sponsored newspapers under "legitimate pedagogical concerns." The court reasoned that the principal's editorial decision was justified because the paper was a non-public forum since it was school-sponsored and existed as a platform for students in a journalism class. The Court in Hazelwood said that under the doctrine of Perry Education Association v. Perry Local Educators Association, a 1982 court case that clarified the definition of a public forum, a school facility like a newspaper only qualifies as a public forum if school authorities make those facilities available for "indiscriminate use by the general public."

Several cases have arisen from the modern display of the Confederate flag. Courts applying the "disruption" test under Tinker have held that schools may prohibit students from wearing clothing with Confederate symbols.[15] The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit cited Tinker in the 2013 court case Hardwick v. Heyward to rule that prohibiting a student from wearing Confederate flag shirt did not violate the First Amendment because there was evidence that the shirt could cause disruption.[16] Exceptions to this are the 2010 court case Defoe v. Spiva and the 2000 court case Castorina v. Madison County School Board.[15] The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit said in Castorina v. Madison County School Board that based on Tinker and other Supreme Court rulings, the school board could not ban Confederate flag T-shirts while other "controversial racial and political symbols" like the "X" symbol associated with Malcolm X and the Black Muslim movement were permitted.[17] In Defoe v. Spiva, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit ruled that "racially hostile or contemptuous speech" can be restricted, even if it was not disruptive.[18] This deviated from the Tinker ruling, which said the school's restriction of the Tinkers' speech was unconstitutional because it was not disruptive.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit applied Tinker in February 2014 to rule that a California school did not violate the First Amendment in Dariano v. Morgan Hill Unified School District, where a school banned American flag apparel during a Cinco de Mayo celebration. The school said they had enacted the ban due to a conflict caused by American flag apparel that had occurred at the event the previous year.[19] The Ninth Circuit declined to re-hear the case en banc and the U.S. Supreme Court later declined to review the case.[20]

Several Supreme Court cases have dealt with free speech in schools. But they change as the Supreme Court changes. 

Any restriction on Free Speech by a government entity is UNCONSTITUTIONAL......any court ruling that allows any restriction is wrong......simple as that.......NO LAW is pretty clear in the writing.......

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Thanks 1