Argyle(6-0)(2-0) @ Paris(4-3)(1-2)

regaleagle

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Looks like you only take part of the storyline of Paris vs Celina and Paris vs Argyle and use it to make a moot point that is really not the case.  There's a couple of major reasons Paris played against Celina the way they did(I was there) and played differently against Argyle.  It wasn't Argyle's doing......Argyle played the team in front of them. Go back and read the threads and you will discover the reasons.  

Ok. Maybe I’m way off base. Maybe Argyle will daw thru the playoffs scoring 60 on everybody and win a title. I only know what I read and see. I have not seen Argyle this year. 

8 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Ok. Maybe I’m way off base. Maybe Argyle will daw thru the playoffs scoring 60 on everybody and win a title. I only know what I read and see. I have not seen Argyle this year. 

I don't know where you are getting your information from......I haven't heard anybody saying Argyle is worldbeaters.......just very good on offense.  Everybody agrees they have some work to be done to shore up their defense.  Even the other 3 playoff-bound teams in Argyle's district are very much going to give Argyle all they can handle.  There's lots of football still left to be played.  Do you think for one minute that Argyle cares what the rankings are???  They are highly ranked every season and have lossed in the playoffs as many times as they have gone to Jerryworld in the past 6-7 yrs.  All Argyle is interested in is winning the game coming up......that's it!  

11 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

11 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m not even trying to run down Argyle at all. Have a lot of respect for them, and they are playing offense at an elite level. But it’s just hard to take when everybody is acting like Argyle is world beaters, when it’s clear they are really struggling on 1 side of the ball. Truly elite teams are at least average on whatever side of the ball that is not their strength.

Fair enough that’s why they play the games!

But don’t act like the d has struggled in all of the games.  They struggled against Paris and made stops when they counted. They didn’t struggle against LE but it does appear so if you did t see the game.   They struggled against the number 1 ranked LV but game was never in question.

i have seen them and they have not faced a Carthage offense.  Carthage has not faced an Argyle offense.

IMHO Friday will be the first time Argyle has faced a balanced offense.

25 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

One other thing to keep in mind they put 65 on Paris which is more than PG and Gilmer did combined. 

Yes they did. PG played them 1st game of the season, but you are correct. Like I said they might go thru the playoffs scoring 65 on everybody all the way to a title. I think you will get very little argument that Argyle has the best O in the state. 

39 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Fair enough that’s why they play the games!

But don’t act like the d has struggled in all of the games.  They struggled against Paris and made stops when they counted. They didn’t struggle against LE but it does appear so if you did t see the game.   They struggled against the number 1 ranked LV but game was never in question.

i have seen them and they have not faced a Carthage offense.  Carthage has not faced an Argyle offense.

IMHO Friday will be the first time Argyle has faced a balanced offense.

Carthage offense is not elite. Melissa is probably better. Should be a good test for Argyle this week. They only put up 29 against Celina, but held them to 17.

And really the point of my post is not about Carthage. Carthage has their own work to do to get ready for a title run. 

2 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Can’t believe we like football so much that the world is watching football in Dallas and don’t know that north Dallas just got crushed by a tornado!

Ohh wow. I didn’t know that. I been watching for it in our area. I didn’t know something else had hit up in your part if the country. Hope everyone is ok. Terrible weather coming thru.

5 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage offense is not elite. Melissa is probably better. Should be a good test for Argyle this week. They only put up 29 against Celina, but held them to 17.

And really the point of my post is not about Carthage. Carthage has their own work to do to get ready for a title run. 

I think this  will be the best test for Argyle’s D.  Melissa looks to me to be very balanced.  Last year argyle put 35 on them in pregame and it was a game after that.  So it ll be telling what happens assuming they play a tad bit of defense in first half.

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Ohh wow. I didn’t know that. I been watching for it in our area. I didn’t know something else had hit up in your part if the country. Hope everyone is ok. Terrible weather coming thru.

Sounds like a big tornado went through north Dallas doing lots of damage.  Praying all the people are ok!

1 minute ago, Eaglesone said:

I think this  will be the best test for Argyle’s D.  Melissa looks to me to be very balanced.  Last year argyle put 35 on them in pregame and it was a game after that.  So it ll be telling what happens assuming they play a tad bit of defense in first half.

Should be a high scoring fun game. If I lived in the DFW I would definitely be there. 

According the the weather forecast......possible rain on Friday at kickoff. AND cold.  Not exactly great conditions for 2 passing attacks going at it full throttle.  Both teams are really basically balanced offenses.......but when wet, rainy weather handicaps the passing game it becomes a different type of game.  So much for balanced offenses in this kind of weather, Huh?  Hogeboom is so good passing the ball on time and on target that it makes a huge difference in the Argyle attack.  He's really not much of a threat to run like Brandon Lewis is for Melissa. But he can deliver the ball quicker and on target......remember that he has the D-1 baseball scholarship in his pocket for several years now. He could get one for football, but prefers baseball.

12 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

In reality Melissa should have put 36 points up on Celina, receiver dropped a wide open pass in the end zone that hit him in the gut lol. Melissa had 507 yards of offense against a really good Celina defense. 

It would be great if this game was played in dry conditions......to give each team all their weaponry to use to its greatest potential against each other for a more wide open game.  The fans would definitely see a much better game also.....IMO.  And it's just so much more comfortable to see a football game without it raining.