Week Nine: Longview at North Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0) vs North Mesquite Stallions (2-5)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 12:30 AM

On 10/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Quick said:

Well, I was extremely bored and was up around 5:37am this Saturday morning watching this new DFW "Sports" show on YouTube called, The 5th Quarter. Well, the horrid commentator Ashlea Bullington IN MY OPINION seems to say something really slick about the Longview Lobos if you can listen with a 3rd ear.

Just begin listening around the 30:15 to 30:47 mark to skip all their bs commentary. They will literally put you to sleep if you attempt to watch them for any extended period of time talking about teams who will NEVER see the playoffs even if the U.I.L. allowed everyone in.

Longview zebras wth she even looked confident in saying that 😂

Well, I was extremely bored and was up around 5:37am this Saturday morning watching this new DFW "Sports" show on YouTube called, The 5th Quarter. Well, the horrid commentator Ashlea Bullington IN MY OPINION seems to say something really slick about the Longview Lobos if you can listen with a 3rd ear.

Just begin listening around the 30:15 to 30:47 mark to skip all their bs commentary. They will literally put you to sleep if you attempt to watch them for any extended period of time talking about teams who will NEVER see the playoffs even if the U.I.L. allowed everyone in.

• LOL! 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, Pack007 said:

Shoutout to coach King.....he and Riley dodge said the best player they’ve ever seen at the high school level was Reggie McNeal. 

The speed the athleticism the rocket arm...saw him against Longview launch it 60 yards on the run! He shoulda been special in the NFL also...

• Like 1

Wrapping up Longview's 49-13 win over Rockwall Heath with the Lobo wrap...

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/team-threads/77-official-longview-lobo-thread-home-of-lobo-nation?p=484183#post484183

Meredith is already just 3 touchdowns away from jumping into the top 10 all-time for touchdowns scored by a Lobo in school history.

So, Meredith is at 951 yards on the ground for the year. 49 yards away from 1,000 and that's without playing in that Rockwall game. 

He'll no doubt get it this week...9 weeks into the season and in basically his 7th game. I'll let 07 tell us how fast Earnest, Vondrell and Fred got to 1,000 (I'm sure they got there faster with as much as they received caries) but I do know and remember Tyler McCray didn't pass 1,000 this fast in 08.

Granted, McCray shared the running spotlight with Dacedric Hunt, Aaron Johnson and Jonathan Oliver....what Meredith has done this year in only 6 games is nothing short of greatness. 

Could get pretty close to that single season TD record as well which Jessie broke last year. Think he's sitting at 12 total on the year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gtee2 said:

So who you taking out? Kearby or Moore...

Hale/Kearbey/JD Williams/CJ Hop/Moore/Phil Wash....no wonder we've added 5 wide sets (which is what Hale scored that bomb in).

Drops have been crazy. But, any of these dudes could go off at any time. I'd just rotate with Hale getting most of the reps. Whoever has the hot hand in that particular game, that's who gets fed.

Some of it will be situational too.

In must catch situations, critical 3rd down or something....Hale, JD and Kearbey would be in 3 WR sets. Hale and JD have had the best hands on the team all year. Kearbey has had drops but tends to show up in key moments. He got us out of several 3rd down situations in Lufkin in particular.

On deep bombs, you gotta have Kyas Moore in. Hale too along with Ced Hop...perhaps JD although I like him more in this next section...

For short/mid to intermediate passing where we're looking for the run after catch...JD would be featured here almost exclusively. Sprinkled with some Hale and Phil Wash.

For run blocking, Hale and Kearbey.

Now, notice Hale is the only one being brought up in every section. He should definitely get majority of the reps.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Hale/Kearbey/JD Williams/CJ Hop/Moore/Phil Wash....no wonder we've added 5 wide sets (which is what Hale scored that bomb in).

Drops have been crazy. But, any of these dudes could go off at any time. I'd just rotate with Hale getting most of the reps. Whoever has the hot hand in that particular game, that's who gets feds.

Some of it will be situational too.

In must catch situations, critical 3rd down or something....Hale, JD and Kearbey would be in 3 WR sets. Hale and JD have had the best hands on the team all year. Kearbey has had drops but tends to show up in key moments. He got us out of several 3rd down situations in Lufkin in particular.

On deep bombs, you gotta have Kyas Moore in. Hale too along with Ced Hop...perhaps JD although I like him more in this next section...

For short/mid to intermediate passing where we're looking for the run after catch...JD would be featured here almost exclusively. Sprinkled with some Hale and Phil Wash.

For run blocking, Hale and Kearbey.

Now, notice Hale is the only one being brought up in every section. He should definitely get majority of the reps.

Yeah, I was just about to say that there is ONE common denominator out of ALL of our Wideouts - Jalen Hale.

#StartHale 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Playing  teams that on paper are mostly inferior , you want to not play down to the competition. Hopefully NM gives the Lobos a decent look and some stuff to work on for the long playoff run. Lobos win easily . 

NM and the addition of rain could make it interesting for half the 1st quarter......otherwise don’t see it being close. 

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Playing  teams that on paper are mostly inferior , you want to not play down to the competition. Hopefully NM gives the Lobos a decent look and some stuff to work on for the long playoff run. Lobos win easily . 

I just don't see it.

From everything I've heard, they've just completely quit on the season already. 

We'll see what happens. Next week and the finale should be much stronger competition than this week, but you still have to play the games.

Beat North!

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I just don't see it.

From everything I've heard, they've just completely quit on the season already. 

We'll see what happens. Next week and the finale should be much stronger competition than this week, but you still have to play the games.

Beat North!

I agree and Nm is  absolutely no match. Getting complacent and going halfway can get a team in trouble. Probably a non factor and lobos win by 40 . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yeah, regardless of competition there's still plenty of kinks to work out, especially with the passing game.

I don't expect this one to be close.