Week Nine: Longview at North Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0) vs North Mesquite Stallions (2-5)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 12:30 AM

Well we definitely had a slow start in the last three games. Up 14-0 on Rockwall after 1, grabbed a 13-0 lead vs Horn, up 14-0 on Heath after 1. Just, as you said, gotta work on the consistency, cause we definitely dipped against Horn after going up 13-0.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

60% chance of rain on Friday evening, according to weather.com.

First four plays need to be a bubble screen to Kyas, quick hitch to Kearbey, slant route to Hale, and a tunnel screen with Meredith. 

19 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview favored by 57 this week.

"Rat poison."  ;) 

But seriously, I really hope we put a high premium on near-perfect play.

I don't care if we jump on them early, we really need a solid two-and-a-half quarters of solid execution.

I don't care how bad N. Mesquite looks, we need to be getting better. It's too late in the season for silly penalties and lack of focus. 

• Like 3

Ya'll cut Ashlea a break...she messed up, it happens....and of course local DFW people are going to pump up their teams....its called pandering to your base...you think the Star-Local News is selling papers in Longview/Tyler??? LOL running down their own local teams isn't good for business

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

30 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Ya'll cut Ashlea a break...she messed up, it happens....and of course local DFW people are going to pump up their teams....its called pandering to your base...you think the Star-Local News is selling papers in Longview/Tyler??? LOL running down their own local teams isn't good for business

Your right we should...but we got to have something to talk about....sure can’t talk about NM....

39 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Largest margin of victory in this 23-game winning streak actually is 60...against North last year. 

With the rain, I can't imagine another 63-3 beat down. But it should be pretty bad I would suspect.

Agree...rain is going to dampen it a little unless Meredith goes off for 400 and 8 TDs

Welp, not much to talk about this week. So might as well talk about Longview.

S/O to those 8th grade Judson Blue Devils. Earned their first outright city championship in two decades with their 34-8 win over Forest Park. Judson is 5-1 on the season....I'm looking forward to that 2024 bunch as Foster and Forest Park will provide their usual talent as well.

I'm also excited for that 7th grade group. They are good. Maybe as good as 8th but we will see. They certainly are getting plenty of wins. Foster and Judson have had a great year on the 7th level. FP has suffered 4 losses but have pieces. Odum (Foster) and Washington (Judson) are two very good backs in this group. It'll be interesting to see which one is better in the long run. Large OL in this group as well.

On the varsity front, Meredith is looking to pass 1,000 on the round for the season this week. He's at 951 and that's without playing in that Rockwall game. He'll also be leading the district in rushing yards after this week. Mesquite's LaDarius Turner leads the district with 979 yards but Mesquite is on a bye.

Tovar has been a fine addition to the OL at RG since his return. Big reason why the OL has hit stride. 

Lastly, get use to those Hale boys. 2021 Tyree Hale has been a big upgrade at punt return and although Robert Pierce is out for a little bit, Hale is a solid backup whom I have said would start at many schools out there. 2021 Laquolon Hale was defensive newcomer of the year for 11-6A as a sophomore last year and is solid a LB in rotation. Certainly can't forget about the future all american 2023 WR Jalen Hale who is seeing more and more reps by the week. Those Hale's can play some football and its not shocking when you consider the bloodlines. Pops is still in UIL record books from his time on the track in the late 90s, cousins of former WR great Carey Fortson. 

• Like 5

Midway's about to defeat Shoemaker, after a dominating 3rd quarter by the Panthers. Outside of that one quarter, the Greywolves would be leading 15-14. But they don't. Nixon has dominated for them.

Anyways, sets up a huge Midway vs Temple game, that would be for the top spot in D1 or the honor to travel to Longview (if the Lobos take care of business).

37 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Midway's about to defeat Shoemaker, after a dominating 3rd quarter by the Panthers. Outside of that one quarter, the Greywolves would be leading 15-14. But they don't. Nixon has dominated for them.

Anyways, sets up a huge Midway vs Temple game, that would be for the top spot in D1 or the honor to travel to Longview (if the Lobos take care of business).

That’s a first round bye if it’s Midway. 

• Like 2