New Diana @ DeKalb

GRINnBEARit

3A Div. II District 11  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 12:30 AM

16 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Is New Diana still banged up with injuries and grade casualties? I thought I saw where someone said that from the Ore City game? I may be confusing ND with someone else.

We have few that are still a little gimpy but should be good to go by Friday.  I’m not aware of any grade issues at this time.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GRINnBEARit said:

What’s there to eat that way? Going to the middle school/jv games.

We don’t have anything like the junction!  That place is awesome!  Tele’s is pretty descent or 5M BBQ other than that it’s pretty slim Pickens.   Be safe traveling! 

2 hours ago, ronnyham said:

Contrasting styles to say the least in this one. Diana defense has to win first down, otherwise you can’t get Dekalb off the field. 3 yards and a cloud of dust 

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This is true. ND has a decent run game too but a  far superior passing game. I think it’ll be a good game. Both teams OL’s are massive. 

The ND defense is much improved overall from years past. So hopefully, yea this is a likely possibility. Depends on how gimpy some of the players still are. 

The Eagle O...its a spread, but it has decent balance. Can be very run heavy some games, and very pass heavy the next game. Depends on what's working against the defense. The Eagle QB has been very inconsistent due to inexperience (he's a Sr and it's his first year at the position)....also the OL protection has been sporadic at times and that hasn't helped with the QB or his decision making. The ND run game has been real steady all season when they do run. 

Who knows though...ND has also flashed some wildcat formations occasionally. #13 is a speedster. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle1906 said:

Stop in at @NATUREBOY98 on the way. He can fix ya up with a great dinner!

11 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean lol

NB, I took it to mean you'd be offering milk & cookies for Bear Nation since they made you Facebook famous and all. 😁

I'm gonna give the edge to DeKalb in this one.  They look to be better defensively.  Offensively, it's pretty even.  Both offenses basically take what the defenses normally allow - with a slight edge to DeKalb, taking slightly more.  New Diana is scoring 30 points a game against defenses that give up 30 points a game.  DeKalb is only allowing 15.7 a game, so New Diana will have to have an above-average offensive game.  DeKalb is scoring 32 points a game against defenses that normally allow 30 per game, so still basically only taking what the defenses they play normally give up, but slightly better than New Diana on paper.  Defensively, New Diana is allowing 26 points to teams that normally score 27 points per game, so they are giving up pretty much what those offenses are used to scoring.  DeKalb scores 32 points per game.  DeKalb on the other hand is doing more defensively - holding teams that score 26 points per game to 16 points per game.  This is where the advantage goes to DeKalb, and why I would pick them to win. 

DeKalb 31

New Diana 18

• Like 1