Why are bands allowed to play during game?

marvda1

31 minutes ago, marvda1 said:

why are bands allowed to play while the game is in play?  I know ncaa div. 2 does not allow it.  crowd noise is one thing.

That may the rule in ncaa but it is not in forced in high school and you make some people very upset. Come to a JT game and you will hear the big blue band all night long. And you will see the fans getting into the game 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Because the 1st half is pregame and the 2nd half postgame for the band.

If you had 10 Friday’s for the band to play on thier own without a sport nobody would show up. Absolutely nobody! So the band aids need to take a quick lesson on te universe and learn the world does not revolve around them.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Haven’t seen Allen play in a few years, but I know they used to have a band director who loved football and knew football. The 500 member band never played when Allen had the ball and they did their best to make it hard on the opposing team’s offense by blasting music. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cotton84 said:

Haven’t seen Allen play in a few years, but I know they used to have a band director who loved football and knew football. The 500 member band never played when Allen had the ball and they did their best to make it hard on the opposing team’s offense by blasting music. 

See! That is how you do it! Our band director couldn’t care less about football. So, the band is zero help to the football team even in the biggest of games. Shameful.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Bands should play during the game, always have and always will. The real question is why do they have props!! What is the point of those things! 

Yeah, the props thing has gotten out of hand. Especially when it comes to contests. Competition should be based on the performance of the musicians. 

I'm not going to mention to anyone in Yoe Nation that someone complained about bands playing during the game. You don't mess with the mighty YOEMEN BAND. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

If you had 10 Friday’s for the band to play on thier own without a sport nobody would show up. Absolutely nobody! So the band aids need to take a quick lesson on te universe and learn the world does not revolve around them.

I concur but having been a coach so long that’s not how the band thinks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I may be misinterpreting you, so forgive me if I am.  But if I’m not, those kids deserve to have fun and perform in front of a crowd too.  Just because band is not as popular that means they shouldn’t get to show off what they worked on?  As great as football is, band doesn’t exist for it.  And football doesn’t exist for band either.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Why are bands allowed to play during game?