Mv @ Hooks

Jeepster89

Mv @ Hooks  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Mv @ Hooks

• Hooks
    • Mv

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/25/2019 at 07:31 PM

2 hours ago, DOB said:

I never like to sell anybody short ... and Hooks is on a good run.

However, their wins are L-K (2-5 rec), QC & NB (0-7), RW 1-6, Cooper 3-5 ... which helps explain why their HS win was not expected by the esteemed members of this on-line community ... the only other team they have faced with a winning record was a very good PP team in Week 2 resulting in a 15 point loss.

They may be starting to peak at the right time ... however, the meat of their schedule is coming up with MV, Jeff, and Atl.

Are they up to the challenge?  Don't know ... but I suspect they believe they are ... and with seventeen-year-olds believing is a lot of the battle.

We shall see. Just prayin' for safety to all the concerned.

Wins matter and peaking at the right time is always a good thing.

should be a good game

12 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Wins matter and peaking at the right time is always a good thing.

should be a good game

Other than the one loss the first game of the season Hooks has not really been challenged and the scores indicate that.  MV may well be at a different level.  I can’t say.  All the teams seem to be a bit up and down.  I would have bet a buffalo nickel that HS would have run the table until they played us last week.  Never bet the hose on a HS football team.  There will one game in the future that will humble us all. No matter who we support

• Like 1

Two players remain ineligible for remainder of 2019-2020 season.  Meaning no more sports for either student this year.  Wow.  Honestly didnt see that coming after two other investigations ruling them eligible.  Haven't heard much as far as what the evidence was that turned the tides.  

7 hours ago, Purpletigerfan said:

Two players remain ineligible for remainder of 2019-2020 season.  Meaning no more sports for either student this year.  Wow.  Honestly didnt see that coming after two other investigations ruling them eligible.  Haven't heard much as far as what the evidence was that turned the tides.  

Imo it was the connection to Hawthorne.  If not for that I think they would be eligible 

To win Hooks has to control the tempo of the game.  Expect a lot of fumbles and dropped balls.  Both teams will need to keep the ball wrapped up or it will get ugly. The weather will drive both teams to keep it simple I think.  The line play will be the key tonight