Madison vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who you got?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Madison
    • Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Side note: Supposably we are getting back 3 starters from last years finalists team. They decided to not play at the beginning of the year due to playing baseball and didn't want to chance it getting injured. I don't know why the change of heart to play now. It'll add depth but I doubt they will start. 

51 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Side note: Supposably we are getting back 3 starters from last years finalists team. They decided to not play at the beginning of the year due to playing baseball and didn't want to chance it getting injured. I don't know why the change of heart to play now. It'll add depth but I doubt they will start. 

That's interesting for them to make that decision so late....I wonder how the rest of the team feels about it especially if they do take any starting spots.

2 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

That's interesting for them to make that decision so late....I wonder how the rest of the team feels about it especially if they do take any starting spots.

The three coming back are interior linemen. Currently, four of the interior linemen are going both ways and have very little rest. I was on the sidelines at the Grandview game and they were really gasping for air when they did get off the field. 

I’m sure coach Driskell will work those guys in very slowly

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Been hearing that senior leadership was trying to talk them getting back on the team and I think they probably were getting talked into select ball more than football at that time. Doubt they'll start but should get some reps in. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, VZCR said:

The three coming back are interior linemen. Currently, four of the interior linemen are going both ways and have very little rest. I was on the sidelines at the Grandview game and they were really gasping for air when they did get off the field. 

One is a TE/WR, think he played a little qb last year as well. 

The other is a lineman that played both ways but more on defense

The other was a olb

Sockwell I believe came back from an injury to help on the line last week. Yes we are thin on both sides of the line. There was another o-line men that was playing most of the game from jv from what it looked like.

Guest Tiger03lb
12 minutes ago, VZCR said:

I’m sure coach Driskell will work those guys in very slowly

One is a TE/WR, think he played a little qb last year as well. 

The other is a lineman that played both ways but more on defense

The other was a olb

Sockwell I believe came back from an injury to help on the line last week. Yes we are thin on both sides of the line. There was another o-line men that was playing most of the game from jv from what it looked like.

12 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

It’s hard for me to believe that Coach Driskell would take them back this late in the season after they made the earlier decision not to play. 

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, player73 said:

It’s hard for me to believe that Coach Driskell would take them back this late in the season after they made the earlier decision not to play. 

I'm sure he won't make it easy on them. Sounded like the kids have been trying to talk those 3 back into playing. It's a tough pill to swallow to ask if they can come back to play. I think if it doesn't mess with the locker room, go with it. 

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, CreateMyAccount said:

Any depth helps.

Driskell knows that we are thin at the line. So it'll help with fresh players on both sides. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'm sure he won't make it easy on them. Sounded like the kids have been trying to talk those 3 back into playing. It's a tough pill to swallow to ask if they can come back to play. I think if it doesn't mess with the locker room, go with it. 

I have no dog in this situation but if I’m from Malakoff, what kind of message is being sent to young Tigers ? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, player73 said:

I have no dog in this situation but if I’m from Malakoff, what kind of message is being sent to young Tigers ? 

The message that this sends to OUR Tigers:
•One mistake doesn't define you.
•Forgiveness is EVERYTHING!
•A second-chance opportunity is a chance to right a wrong.
•Courage: it takes guts and humility to admit you were wrong.
Coaches are TEACHERS, first and foremost.  For some, this is truly a teaching moment.  Do we abandon those who we have considered family for so long? 
IMO, Family is family: we forgive, we work together, we come out stronger, we conquer
What's that old adage?
Once a TIGER, always a TIGER!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

21-13 koff

Koff got off with a early lead. Madison came back with 2 td passes. Kid has been spot on with his passing. Been having good coverage for the most part, the kid is catching everything that has been thrown to him. 

Guest Tiger03lb

42-25 koff we should be district champions two games left

District should line up like this

Koff

Madison

Oak cliff/kemp

Kemp/oak cliff