Jefferson v Atlanta

FlowJack

Jefferson v Atlanta  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/25/2019 at 06:00 PM

I’m going with my Dawgs! But,,,,this will be a very interesting game. In  Atl, Jeff just coming off of a bye, and Atlanta’s playoff lives on the line. Could make for a perfect trap game for Jefferson if they’re not careful. Even with the Rabbits down right now I damn sure don’t expect them to rollover for the Dawgs. Their backs are against the wall so for the Dawgs....expect the unexpected. Trick plays, onside kicks, fake punts, going for it on 4th down, etc.... I’m not sure what’s going on in Atlanta, but I know not to count them out! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Why is the sophomore starting for Atlanta?  What happened to their starter at the first of season?

We're very strapped at the wide receiver position right now. #3 is this best WR on the team. 

Reasons I think they swapped QB:
Dre (#8) separated his shoulder in practice Tuesday. I felt like this would give us an extra weapon on the outside, as well as added mobility at QB.
Sophomore has been being groomed to be the starter for a few weeks I feel like, just probably should have got more playing time earlier on.
#3 had a rough game against HS. Threw a pick inside the 10 before half, took a few very unnecessary sacks. He's still a baller, just made some mental errors.

Not sure that any of those played into the swap or not, just my thoughts. A lot of people at this point are speculating other reasons though. Some say it's because it was thought that we could go in there a steam roll MV, others say it's because they wanted the boy to get the limelight because he's the coaches son. Personally, I don't think neither of those are it.

Truth of the matter is, the QB isn't the reason we lost. QB played a really good game, honestly. He extended several plays instead of taking the sack. But, as I said, our WR group is very limited. QB threw a dime down field (roughly 50 yards) and hit the wide open receiver perfectly in stride, and he just dropped it. That was pretty deflating, especially down 14-7 at the time. We had 3-4 dropped passes, but that was definitely the worst. The QB was also under non-stop pressure as well. He was sacked, hurried, hit, you name it.