Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WestHardinfan1

⚾THE OFFICIAL ASTROS VS NATIONALS WORLD SERIES THREAD ⚾

Houston vs. Washington  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???

    • Houston Astros
    • Washington Nationals


Recommended Posts

I don't know beans about the Nationals. I don't even like the National league, and never watch them. Scherzer and Strasburg will battle with Cole and Verlander in a good one. I think Houston in six.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mattress Mac collects on his $3.5m bet. Stros in 7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The starting pitching matchup is going to be stellar. Cole-Scherzer; Verlander-Strausburg; Greinke-Corbin

Houston should win this series, but after Washington took out LA, I will take nothing for granted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get to enjoy watching two of the best young lefty swings in the game, Soto and Alvarez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Get to enjoy watching two of the best young lefty swings in the game, Soto and Alvarez.

Alvarez has stumbled in the playoffs his swing only looks good if you like strong swing and misses....lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Alvarez has stumbled in the playoffs his swing only looks good if you like strong swing and misses....lol

Who can they switch him with, Marisnick? ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Who can they switch him with, Marisnick? ...

No he is feared enough to make them make pitching changes all the time to get an advantage, all he needs is a good shot and he is back in the groove. Beats Tyler White by a long shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nationals have had some mean pitching in their playoff run.  If the Astros bats stay cold, I can see the Nats pulling it off, but I'm going with my Stros in 6.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot all about Anibal Sanchez. Their rotation goes 4 deep. Will be a better series than Vegas expects...Astros win still 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I believe we will take it.   Always leery of underdog teams on a roll though 

I think it's funny that Bryce Harper isn't with the Nats, but he's taking it in stride.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/18/bryce-harper-nats-world-series-run-im-so-happy-them/ .  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think it's funny that Bryce Harper isn't with the Nats, but he's taking it in stride.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/18/bryce-harper-nats-world-series-run-im-so-happy-them/ .  

What is there to complain about?  He is making $25.39m a year, his friends are playing for a championship...  What is worth more?  $330m or a championship?  I think I would take the $330m also....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

What is there to complain about?  He is making $25.39m a year, his friends are playing for a championship...  What is worth more?  $330m or a championship?  I think I would take the $330m also....

He was made an offer for around the same amount.  I'd rather be playing on a World Series contender than some spare parts team for even $30 million less.  The Nats have been knocking on the door since 2012, except for 2018 but they still finished second in their division last year. Oddly enough the Phillies haven't made the playoffs since 2012.  https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/1/4/18168273/washington-nationals-last-offer-to-bryce-harper-much-more-than-300m-according-to-report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He was made an offer for around the same amount.  I'd rather be playing on a World Series contender than some spare parts team for even $30 million less.  The Nats have been knocking on the door since 2012, except for 2018 but they still finished second in their division last year. Oddly enough the Phillies haven't made the playoffs since 2012.  https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/1/4/18168273/washington-nationals-last-offer-to-bryce-harper-much-more-than-300m-according-to-report

 I've heard DC isn't a great place to live... However, making $20+ mil a year to live in a place that loved having him, I think you could make it a better place to live without the hassle of moving and trying to re-establish yourself elsewhere.  I wasn't aware that Washington got close to matching it...  my guess is that the agent saw a slightly bigger number and talked him into to pad his pockets a little more as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

 I've heard DC isn't a great place to live... However, making $20+ mil a year to live in a place that loved having him, I think you could make it a better place to live without the hassle of moving and trying to re-establish yourself elsewhere.  I wasn't aware that Washington got close to matching it...  my guess is that the agent saw a slightly bigger number and talked him into to pad his pockets a little more as well.

That is an understatement for people not making as much as these rich ball players ... most ordinary people can't afford to live there and commute anywhere from 2 to 3 hours each way every day .... I almost had to relocate there to work at the Pentagon during my AF days ... very expensive to live there plus having to commute would have been a bummer .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

 I've heard DC isn't a great place to live... However, making $20+ mil a year to live in a place that loved having him, I think you could make it a better place to live without the hassle of moving and trying to re-establish yourself elsewhere.  I wasn't aware that Washington got close to matching it...  my guess is that the agent saw a slightly bigger number and talked him into to pad his pockets a little more as well.

I've been to Philly and D.C., and I would much rather live in D.C. or Chevy Chase, Maryland than Philly.  Plus, he probably already owned a home or townhouse in Washington.  I doubt if the taxes are much different, because both towns are run by Democrats that want to tax their citizens so much.  Traffic is bad in both cities, and the Beltway in D.C. is terrible.  The narrow streets in Philly are worse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say Astros in 4, but I think the Nats will get one in Washington.

Astros in 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nationals in 7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any truth to the rumors that in light of the Osuna/Taubman fiasco that the Astros entire team will be replaced by a mixture of lesbians, transgenders, non genders and that Nolan Ryan will have to throw out the first pitch while wearing a dress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stoney said:

Any truth to the rumors that in light of the Osuna/Taubman fiasco that the Astros entire team will be replaced by a mixture of lesbians, transgenders, non genders and that Nolan Ryan will have to throw out the first pitch while wearing a dress?

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Any truth to the rumors that in light of the Osuna/Taubman fiasco that the Astros entire team will be replaced by a mixture of lesbians, transgenders, non genders and that Nolan Ryan will have to throw out the first pitch while wearing a dress?

If the Astros kowtow and bow to these perverts and whores, I'll stop watching THEM too.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...