1. 1. Who wins???

• Houston Astros
    • Washington Nationals

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Who can they switch him with, Marisnick? ...

No he is feared enough to make them make pitching changes all the time to get an advantage, all he needs is a good shot and he is back in the groove. Beats Tyler White by a long shot

8 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think it's funny that Bryce Harper isn't with the Nats, but he's taking it in stride.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/18/bryce-harper-nats-world-series-run-im-so-happy-them/ .  

What is there to complain about?  He is making $25.39m a year, his friends are playing for a championship...  What is worth more?  $330m or a championship?  I think I would take the $330m also....

28 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

What is there to complain about?  He is making $25.39m a year, his friends are playing for a championship...  What is worth more?  $330m or a championship?  I think I would take the $330m also....

He was made an offer for around the same amount.  I'd rather be playing on a World Series contender than some spare parts team for even $30 million less.  The Nats have been knocking on the door since 2012, except for 2018 but they still finished second in their division last year. Oddly enough the Phillies haven't made the playoffs since 2012.  https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/1/4/18168273/washington-nationals-last-offer-to-bryce-harper-much-more-than-300m-according-to-report

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He was made an offer for around the same amount.  I'd rather be playing on a World Series contender than some spare parts team for even $30 million less.  The Nats have been knocking on the door since 2012, except for 2018 but they still finished second in their division last year. Oddly enough the Phillies haven't made the playoffs since 2012.  https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/1/4/18168273/washington-nationals-last-offer-to-bryce-harper-much-more-than-300m-according-to-report

I've heard DC isn't a great place to live... However, making $20+ mil a year to live in a place that loved having him, I think you could make it a better place to live without the hassle of moving and trying to re-establish yourself elsewhere.  I wasn't aware that Washington got close to matching it...  my guess is that the agent saw a slightly bigger number and talked him into to pad his pockets a little more as well.

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I've heard DC isn't a great place to live... However, making $20+ mil a year to live in a place that loved having him, I think you could make it a better place to live without the hassle of moving and trying to re-establish yourself elsewhere.  I wasn't aware that Washington got close to matching it...  my guess is that the agent saw a slightly bigger number and talked him into to pad his pockets a little more as well.

That is an understatement for people not making as much as these rich ball players ... most ordinary people can't afford to live there and commute anywhere from 2 to 3 hours each way every day .... I almost had to relocate there to work at the Pentagon during my AF days ... very expensive to live there plus having to commute would have been a bummer .... 

42 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I've been to Philly and D.C., and I would much rather live in D.C. or Chevy Chase, Maryland than Philly.  Plus, he probably already owned a home or townhouse in Washington.  I doubt if the taxes are much different, because both towns are run by Democrats that want to tax their citizens so much.  Traffic is bad in both cities, and the Beltway in D.C. is terrible.  The narrow streets in Philly are worse.  

Any truth to the rumors that in light of the Osuna/Taubman fiasco that the Astros entire team will be replaced by a mixture of lesbians, transgenders, non genders and that Nolan Ryan will have to throw out the first pitch while wearing a dress?

Just now, Stoney said:

Any truth to the rumors that in light of the Osuna/Taubman fiasco that the Astros entire team will be replaced by a mixture of lesbians, transgenders, non genders and that Nolan Ryan will have to throw out the first pitch while wearing a dress?

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

If the Astros kowtow and bow to these perverts and whores, I'll stop watching THEM too.......

• Like 1