1. 1. Who wins???

• Houston Astros
    • Washington Nationals

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Gerrit Cole wears Boras Corp hat, distances himself from Astros moments after World Series loss

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/gerrit-cole-boras-corp-astros-world-series-free-agent

I wouldn't waste my money on trying to sign him

I would...He is #### he didn't get used. I'm sure he feels like we could have won if we put him in the game...All we needed was two outs from Harris and Cole was in to close the game...We were two outs from winning a World Series in my mind...

19 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I would...He is #### he didn't get used. I'm sure he feels like we could have won if we put him in the game...All we needed was two outs from Harris and Cole was in to close the game...We were two outs from winning a World Series in my mind...

I think he is moving on, in hindsight I don't have a clue why Hinch didn't use him especially after he got warmed up 

17 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I think he is moving on, in hindsight I don't have a clue why Hinch didn't use him especially after he got warmed up 

Same reason Martinez waited to put in Corbin. Wanted to start him with a clean inning. In hindsight, put in Cole, baserunners be damned...

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Same reason Martinez waited to put in Corbin. Wanted to start him with a clean inning. In hindsight, put in Cole, baserunners be damned...

Hinch is finding out that making unorthodox moves don't always go right after having the Midas touch during the 2017 Series. Grienke should have never been pulled. You got this guy to be one of your elites & you pull him after 70 pitches of 1 run ball.   You can spin it but you can't really sell it.

19 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Looking back it was a mistake to pull Zack out Hinch made the call now he can live with it,  you don’t get to the WS often and I can safely say this will be the Astros last one for a while as this team will not be the same in the future we will still be good but not this good we should have won this game we had all the chances in the world 

The Astros will be back, but I doubt they bring Cole back.  He's already removed himself from the team, and wasn't even going to talk to reporters last night as an Astro.  That's a huge blow if they can't bring him back.  I honestly don't know if he's worth $35 million, because he's only had three outstanding seasons.  1 with Pitt and two with the Astros, but he'll get it. If the Astros offer it, he would be stupid not to take it, because of the taxes and cost of living in Cali.  He could afford a house there in the off season so I don't know why he wants to head back so bad.  It's going to be tough keeping this team together though.  They have 4-1 odds for being the World Series Champions next year, and usually a team that wins has a setback season.  We'll see how it goes.   

19 hours ago, Crawford said:

When's the last time a team won the WS in their first appearance, if ever?

I know the Florida Marlins did most recently.  The Washington Senators won in 1924, and they were also referred to as the Nationals or Nats.  I know the Nationals were once the Expos, but...

Looking back the Boston Americans, New York Giants, Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia Athletics, Boston Red Sox, Boston Braves, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Washington Senators,  St.Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Braves*, Baltimore Orioles, New York Mets, Oakland Athletics*, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, Florida Marlins, and Arizona Diamondbacks. *won in another city.  

Teams that have never been to the World Series :  Tampa Bay Rays and the Seattle Mariners who are tied with the Chicago Cubs for most wins in the regular season with the Chicago Cubs who only played 152 games.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I know the Florida Marlins did most recently.  The Washington Senators won in 1924, and they were also referred to as the Nationals or Nats.  I know the Nationals were once the Expos, but...

Looking back the Boston Americans, New York Giants, Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia Athletics, Boston Red Sox, Boston Braves, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Washington Senators,  St.Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Braves*, Baltimore Orioles, New York Mets, Oakland Athletics*, Minnesota Twins, Toronto Blue Jays, Florida Marlins, and Arizona Diamondbacks. *won in another city.  

Teams that have never been to the World Series :  Tampa Bay Rays and the Seattle Mariners who are tied with the Chicago Cubs for most wins in the regular season with the Chicago Cubs who only played 152 games.  

Tampa Bay went in 2008. Lost to the Phillies 4-1

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Tampa Bay went in 2008. Lost to the Phillies 4-1

I was looking at 115 World Series in less than two minutes, so I must have missed that.  So Seattle is the only team to never have been in a World Series.  I don't remember the Seattle Pilot's, but I do know they became the Milwaukee Brewers who have never won a World Series.   

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, ClawNAntler said:

I know I have already said something about it but someone for the nationals organization needs to sit Soto down and teach him how to act like a professional I know he’s young but he could cut out some of that arrogance

Can say the same for Bregman 

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Colin McHugh said goodbye to Houston today.  https://twitter.com/collin_mchugh?lang=en .  He had one solid season in 2015, but he's been injury prone.  I think he's wanting more money than what the Astros will offer him.  I doubt he'll find it anywhere else.  

I want to keep him and I think the price will be right, but he may look to go home (Atlanta)...

59 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I want to keep him and I think the price will be right, but he may look to go home (Atlanta)...

If he wasn't constantly injured I would agree with you.  I think he wants to return to being a starter, but I don't know if he can return to that role.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

If he wasn't constantly injured I would agree with you.  I think he wants to return to being a starter, but I don't know if he can return to that role.  

Not in Houston he wont. At least for another couple of years...Verlander and Greinke have two more years. McCullers has until 2022 I believe. Anyone else has a lot of time before hitting FA