Van @ Kilgore

broncbuster11

Van plays fundamentally sound football.  Their strength on D is defending against the run, especially the front four.  Kilgore will need to mix it up and show off some of that new pass offense to keep the chains moving.  Van’s offense is more confident with Moffat back at QB and the playbook opens up.  Kilgore better not turn the ball over and make self inflicted mistakes or Van will pull away.

12 hours ago, kildog84 said:

I am one for sure . very very disappointing whats going on right now and I can guarantee you the athletes that are there right now are not use to losing ,  People in town are starting to talk because they are really not seeing any improvements being made on varsity in several years , The excitement we use to see in the kids is not there , almost like everyone is afraid to play football and is mainly having to follow the exact script that has been giving to them by the coaches . This is totally my opinion and others may see it different but giving a good team the first half every week before they turn the page on the play book is getting old .

I’m trying to understand what you’re getting at with this statement? So are you saying the kids should just do their own thing and not listen to the coaches? The same coaches that have been to two state championships and routinely go 3-4 rounds deep? As someone who’s watched Kilgore football since the early 80’s I can tell you that the last couple of years have been some of the lowest talent levels Kilgore has seen since then. Watching the younger groups, it looks like help is coming, but the last couple years the talent cupboard has been bare.

6 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

I’m trying to understand what you’re getting at with this statement? So are you saying the kids should just do their own thing and not listen to the coaches? The same coaches that have been to two state championships and routinely go 3-4 rounds deep? As someone who’s watched Kilgore football since the early 80’s I can tell you that the last couple of years have been some of the lowest talent levels Kilgore has seen since then. Watching the younger groups, it looks like help is coming, but the last couple years the talent cupboard has been bare.

Coach - so I was watching YouTube last night and......... 😂😂

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Van plays fundamentally sound football.  Their strength on D is defending against the run, especially the front four.  Kilgore will need to mix it up and show off some of that new pass offense to keep the chains moving.  Van’s offense is more confident with Moffat back at QB and the playbook opens up.  Kilgore better not turn the ball over and make self inflicted mistakes or Van will pull away.

They apparently changed the offensive philosophy as a Run first then pass if desperately needed. I believe with the home crowd and backs against the wall Kilgore  gets it done. I rather has some breathing room than going into the Must win Palestine game.

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

They apparently changed the offensive philosophy as a Run first then pass if desperately needed. I believe with the home crowd and backs against the wall Kilgore  gets it done. I rather has some breathing room than going into the Must win Palestine game.

Kilgore is going to struggle if they are back to run first.  Van ain’t gonna allow much of it.  Their defensive line is really good.  Not PG good, but solid 4A D1 good.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Wasnt that with the starting QB out? Pretty sure he was back last Friday. Would think they'd be throwing it more again with him back

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

Wasnt that with the starting QB out? Pretty sure he was back last Friday. Would think they'd be throwing it more again with him back

Are you talking about van? If so the offense is more precise with Moffatt at qb. If you talking about kilgore I assumed that was the starter. Van has the better but kilgore will find a way to persevere. 

7 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Are you talking about van? If so the offense is more precise with Moffatt at qb. If you talking about kilgore I assumed that was the starter. Van has the better but kilgore will find a way to persevere. 

Yes van. Thought you were saying they were run heavy now. Was talking about Moffatt being back

31 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Yes van. Thought you were saying they were run heavy now. Was talking about Moffatt being back

Yes on paper van seems like the better team but it might be more difficult than many realize. I ususally take the home team. Kilgore would be 2-1 with the win and van 1-2. Palestine more than likely 1-2 and Henderson 2-1. Kilgore would do them a favor by winning. Van travels to Henderson in Week 10 so taking care of business now is top priority.

8 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Kilgore is going to struggle if they are back to run first.  Van ain’t gonna allow much of it.  Their defensive line is really good.  Not PG good, but solid 4A D1 good.

Smh.... Old habits are hard to break. Hey! Hank Williams, Jr. oughta write a Song  about that!😂