Raiders @ Texans

Oakland @ Houston  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Oakland Raiders
    • Houston Texans

8 hours ago, topher805 said:

Depends on which version of the Texans show up, and which officiating crew shows up...My goodness the refs have been terrible this year. Across the board they have been bad...

It's been a while since they were good.  It seems that after the scrub referee games the legit refs have been just as bad or worse than they were.  That was 7 years ago.  I know the stupid NFL is trying to make the NFL a flag football league, and the new rules have contributed to some of the worst calls.  I know they're trying to look out for player safety, but it also seems to me that there are more severe injuries today than  pre-2000 with ACL, Achilles tendons, broken bones, and other ailments that keep happening to star players and even a few replacement players.  

I think the Texans win this at home 24-21

24 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Is this the 4th time his season has been cut short the last 5 years?

Something like that. I know he considered retiring after his last injury. I think he will fulfill his obligation with his contract and then hang them up. 

21 hours ago, topher805 said:

Something like that. I know he considered retiring after his last injury. I think he will fulfill his obligation with his contract and then hang them up. 

He's had a rash of injuries, and I think that might be why he finally hangs them up.  In a way I wish he wouldn't, because he's respected throughout the league and by many fans even of other teams, because he's so likable.  I've often wondered why he wasn't given more endorsements nationally.  I know of the Reebok deal, but nothing else.  He's only 30, but I think the injuries have taken their toll on him just as they did with Andrew Luck.  Randy White played until he was 35 and had nagging injuries at the end of his career.  Bob Lilly also played until he was 35.  That's who I compare J.J. to. Looking up his contract I saw he was signed until 2020, but this has 2020 and 2021 shaded out.   https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt-7726/cash-earnings/ .  I actually think he retires after this year, but I would hope that I'm wrong.  I just don't think his next contract will be a huge one, if and that's a huge IF he wanted to keep playing.