‘Rise of Skywalker’ Trailer Looks Good — but Can It Clean Up Disney’s Mess?

RETIREDFAN1

I watched the most recent one today, and I wasn't impressed.  I also don't like that they tagged it with the end of a saga.  Disney paid $4.05 billion for it, and they've already recouped that, but why not make more films ?  I also don't like Palpatine's voice in it.  Where's he been the past two movies if he's a Sith ghost ?  I have a feeling that even after this movie that there will be unanswered questions unless it's a 10 hour movie.  I also don't like them selling tickets two months in advance.  

10 hours ago, AKA said:

I was gonna post a rant, but I'll just share this video. Dude pretty much sums up my position on the matter: 

Whoever that is that is giving his take on the final movie reminds me of Simon from SNL, but 20 years later.  

I'm going to go see the film, and hopefully it's not as bad as my expectations, and that is about 1/10th as bad as what that joker was saying.  I just don't see how they can "end" it without killing everyone off or at least one side of it.  I don't see that happening.  I also don't see how C3P0 has been around for over at least 80-90 years, and then all of a sudden they can't repair him anymore.  I'm not saying he's a great character, but he's been in every Star Wars movie from the start the same with R2D2, but  even he was almost dead until he somewhat came back to life when he found out Luke was still alive in "The Force Awakens".  Like I've said in the past, I've enjoyed every Star Wars film that had live actors in them.  "The Clone Wars" was garbage.  

• LOL! 1

• 4 months later...

I think people have had enough time to see it at the theater so this is my take.  I love this one out of all the Rey/Kylo Ren trilogy.  I think they could have included more action scenes, but I still give it 5 stars.  There were three things I did not like about it.  1) You're in what appears to be a large arena full of Sith on their home planet, why not show more of them ????  2) I wish Rey would have used her force lightning power on Palpatine for just a moment.  I realize that she couldn't kill him with her own power,  but at least show that she had mastered that side of the force which Jedi were not allowed to use supposedly according to this :  

What throws the theory off in this video is Rey was never attacked by it that we are aware of.  She came across it by accident while attempting to save Chewbacca. 3) Was there really a need for the female Commander and the female pilot to kiss ?   I only remember three kisses in the history of Star Wars.  Leia kissing Luke to make Han jealous, Leia kissing Han, and Anakin kissing Padme.  Was there really a need to have a lesbian kiss ?  I plan on seeing the movie one more time at a cinema, but only the discount theater.