Most tackles in a single high school game

Tiger1995

I’m just curious if any of you would know who holds the record for the most tackles in a single game. My son had 29 tackles 5 sacks in his last game and that spawned a question from a friend and myself on what was the single game record. I know I’ve seen some guys get in the 30s before Damarvion Overshown was one of them with 32 his jr year. Do any of you guys know this answer? @Smoak maybe you can answer it.  

Tackle numbers is probably the most overinflated stat in football. A kid can run in right before the whistle and lay down on the pile and get credit for a tackle. I think a lot of coaches probably do that to encourage kids to swarm to the football. Maybe it works, idk. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Tackle numbers is probably the most overinflated stat in football. A kid can run in right before the whistle and lay down on the pile and get credit for a tackle. I think a lot of coaches probably do that to encourage kids to swarm to the football. Maybe it works, idk. 

Very possible 

11 hours ago, cotton84 said:

In recent years they have done away with the “assisted tackle” thus they should have  2 sets of records. 
Now, if 6 guys get off the tackle pile, 6 players get a tackle in the stats for that one play - used to not be that way. 

exactly, My cousin plays DT and told me he had 19 tackles one game but when I totaled the number of tackles by the team it was more than the total number of plays ran by the other team. 

Just now, Destry said:

Is it more important for a kid to get credit or for the defense to say “we stopped him”? Something about team instead of “me”

I understand that but if that’s the case why keep up with anyone’s individual stats. 

We had a kid get 37 (tackles plus assist) in one game against Edgewood in the mid 90's--- We were really bad offensively and thus were on the field a ton defensively and if he didnt make a tackle the other team usually scored. he did play D1 football and had a good chance to play professional before he hurt his back his senior year in college