‘Modern Slavery’: Nigeria Rescues Hundreds of Abducted Boys from ‘Islamic Reform School’

RETIREDFAN1

39 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This is true but what's the point of bringing it other than to justify slavery for 300 the next 300 years in American history. I would understand if Americans were buying slaves from the African the whole 300 years.

Because you only blame the whites and you didn't mention the black kings who sold them to slavers of various races and nations. That's why. And nobody justified it. And you didn't talk about the blacks in America who owned slaves either. You also didn't mention the many whites in America who helped slaves to reach freedom. There have been at least 37 societies that have had slavery. America was one but it outlawed slavery long ago. The slaves and those who owned them are long dead. No one can change  the past. So do something constructive and look forward instead of into a  dark past. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Saudi Arabia is one of the worst slave nations in the world ... it's alive and well there and nobody seems to care, not even America .... almost 2/3 of the people in Saudi Arabia are TCNs (third country nationals) brought there as slaves .... the do all the manual labor and live in huts while the Saudis live in elaborate mansions ....

You're right KirtFalcon but what's wrong with living in huts? Heck, when I'm in the field, I sleep on the ground and get rained on. I'd love to have a hut or tent. Life is better simpler. Our ancestors in the original 13 colonies lived in simple log cabins. They didn't build or buy $ 250,000 houses on $100,000. lots and pissh much of their lives away paying for it.  

1 hour ago, NightStar11 said:

You're right KirtFalcon but what's wrong with living in huts? Heck, when I'm in the field, I sleep on the ground and get rained on. I'd love to have a hut or tent. Life is better simpler. Our ancestors in the original 13 colonies lived in simple log cabins. They didn't build or buy $ 250,000 houses on $100,000. lots and pissh much of their lives away paying for it.  

It's not the same as camping out on your own where you are free to come and go and do as you please and you can bring anything with you that you might need .... these people are literally slaves and are half starved with no hope of ever going home .... sorry, but there is no comparison to your examples .... 

39 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's not the same as camping out on your own where you are free to come and go and do as you please and you can bring anything with you that you might need .... these people are literally slaves and are half starved with no hope of ever going home .... sorry, but there is no comparison to your examples .... 

I know I agree with you on your post and I was just kidding about the huts

3 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Because you only blame the whites and you didn't mention the black kings who sold them to slavers of various races and nations. That's why. And nobody justified it. And you didn't talk about the blacks in America who owned slaves either. You also didn't mention the many whites in America who helped slaves to reach freedom. There have been at least 37 societies that have had slavery. America was one but it outlawed slavery long ago. The slaves and those who owned them are long dead. No one can change  the past. So do something constructive and look forward instead of into a  dark past. 

Can you please point to the post where I only blamed whites? Maybe you're a mind reader. The man said that Jim Crow is irrelevant and addressed that. Now all the things you say I did not mention what does that have to do with whether or not slavery effects black people till this day. Now which African kings made the Jim Crow laws? How to download African kings have an effect on how blacks are treated in this country? Importing slaves ended in the late 1700s. Also answer my question after the white slaves were freed did they have laws to inhibit their progression?

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Can you please point to the post where I only blamed whites? Maybe you're a mind reader. The man said that Jim Crow is irrelevant and addressed that. Now all the things you say I did not mention what does that have to do with whether or not slavery effects black people till this day. Now which African kings made the Jim Crow laws? How to download African kings have an effect on how blacks are treated in this country? Importing slaves ended in the late 1700s. Also answer my question after the white slaves were freed did they have laws to inhibit their progression?

Blacks have the same rights as whites do in America.  So I ain't listening to that anti-whitey nonsense

10 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Blacks have the same rights as whites do in America.  So I ain't listening to that anti-whitey nonsense 

So you can't read can you Westharden said: Jim Crowe is ancient history. 

I said it wasn't that long ago. 

Are you slow? 

21 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So you can't read can you Westharden said: Jim Crowe is ancient history. 

I said it wasn't that long ago. 

Are you slow? 

You make a spelling mistake every other sentence and you accuse me of not being able to read. Really??? Your arguments are horse hockey. You're bitter about ancient acts of the past and you're not helping.

1 hour ago, NightStar11 said:

You make a spelling mistake every other sentence and you accuse me of not being able to read. Really??? Your arguments are horse hockey. You're bitter about ancient acts of the past and you're not helping.

Who said I was bitter? Just stating facts. How about u point out where I blamed whites for whatever like you said. Show me that post please. 

On 10/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, ctown81 said:

Wait I could have sworn you mentioned religion with slavery. As for BLM, they're trying to take care of their home country. Also, when it comes to black Americans and Africans, there's never really been a connection as a whole. That's like you getting into the welfare of Germany just because you're white.

Spin cycle. 

17 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Interesting how those who call themselves "progressive" are so mired in the distant past and in reality regressing to the conquest ethic. 

Easy to say if you've never faced discrimination that has the potential to ruin your life based solely on your race. This is expected. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Easy to say if you've never faced discrimination that has the potential to ruin your life based solely on your race. This is expected. 

You don't face that either.....and if you DO, you have recourse other than sitting there and living in fear because of things in the past that are no longer relevant......

• Like 1

Yeah, saying modern-day judicial inequality is a result of 19th century slavery is like saying Lou Gehrig is to blame for Jason Becker's ailment. 

One of these days maybe people will finally realize it's not a clor thing. Yeah, y'all get it worse sometimes. But they stick it to poor white people too. Especially ones who buck their agenda. 

46 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Yeah, saying modern-day judicial inequality is a result of 19th century slavery is like saying Lou Gehrig is to blame for Jason Becker's ailment. 

One of these days maybe people will finally realize it's not a clor thing. Yeah, y'all get it worse sometimes. But they stick it to poor white people too. Especially ones who buck their agenda. 

Poor whites definitely get it too but blacks get it regardless of class.