Melissa at Argyle

CrankyOldMan

25 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Argyle gonna put up 60 for sure.  Problem is Melissa could too!

Argyle puts up 60 without breaking a sweat. They literally score on every possession. Just depends how many possessions Melissa can limit them to, or if the game is out of hand in Argyle’s favor. If Melissa keeps scoring, Argyle could put up a stupid number.

Melissa will have to play mistake free and limit the penalties. Melissa may not have world beaters at wide receiver, but they are very talented and fast. If Melissa can slow down the deep ball from Argyle, I like Melissa's chances at the upset. I don't think this will be a high scoring game like everybody thinks. 

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle puts up 60 without breaking a sweat. They literally score on every possession. Just depends how many possessions Melissa can limit them to, or if the game is out of hand in Argyle’s favor. If Melissa keeps scoring, Argyle could put up a stupid number.

I remember Brownwood in 2010 averaged 65 points a game, against a good defense, they put up less than 25. From what I have read Melissa does not have a very good defense. Argyle will score a bunch, can Melissa keep up.   

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

32 td's WOW!

Crazy in 7 games. Bogie threw 57 in 2013, and at that time it was good for 5th best all time. Capps threw 49 in 2017 on the most prolific offense Surratt has had. Those were 15 and 16 game seasons. Kid might have that at the end of the regular season. Wow.

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Crazy in 7 games. Bogie threw 57 in 2013, and at that time it was good for 5th best all time. Capps threw 49 in 2017 on the most prolific offense Surratt has had. Those were 15 and 16 game seasons. Kid might have that at the end of the regular season. Wow.

And committed to Houston as a catcher. Kid can ball.

Hogeboom has not had near as many minutes as most starting QB's. Usually he doesn't see much action in the 2nd halfs, if any.  Just depends on the score.....regardless of the opponent.  Argyle has some talented other Qb's that really deserve their minutes too......if and when the situation dictates. Otherwise......"Bocephus" would have numbers out of this world for 7 games.  Bo Hogeboom......they call him Bocephus......haha.

In less than 2 seasons he's already broken most if not ALL of Argyle's passing records and offensive total yds. records.  Argyle has had some darn good offensive teams and very good passing QB's in their 17 seasons......namely Austin Aune and JJ Harp.  I know Aune held over 2/3 the records......but he played QB for most of 3 full seasons including playoffs and a State Championship game.  So Bocephus is really doing good so far.  Nah......he'll never eclipse all the records because for only 2 seasons it will be impossible, but he already has some and will get more.

Not to mention he hits Cole Kirkpatrick deep for a TD on the first play.  You are looking at JR that doesn’t have a star with Rivals that will be a 4* minimum.  

This offense has played  seven games and the starters have played second half in two.  The same goes for the defense.  They had to bring the 1’s back in against LE because  the 2’s made it too close.  So go ahead and believe the defense is horrible.  It was horrible last week against the run against Paris and I will admit that if they face a defense that can shut down this offense that will matter otherwise who cares?

Friday is the test.  Balanced offense with a running QB!

Boy!  Who knows what's gonna happen in this game, Huh?  Too many good athletes on both teams with skill players on offense all over the place!  I'm hoping and looking at Argyle's defense this week to really show marked improvement thru hard work in practices and lots of serious coaching.  I think they have the players in place now......it's time for them to play up to their potential defensively and not OVERPURSUE.  It's been a confusing......player switchout.......not together on the same page type of thing so far with lots of switching out of players and defensive combinations instead of just defining defensive roles and sticking to that.  I think you will see them "keep it simple stupid" more this week......if there is such a thing for the Argyle secondary and linebackers.  I really expect some improvement to show up on defense this week.......of all weeks against such a wide-open offense as Melissa has.  Maybe not.......this kind of offense can get defenses doing all kinds of things........we will see and it should be an interesting watch.  Same goes for Melissa and their defense against Argyle.  The offenses should be the main course........with appetizers served up to keep both defenses guessing.

Eagle stadium in Argyle holds about 5,000.......it will be capacity for sure.  The Melissa side will be filled up......they have more population than Argyle.  And the Argyle side will be totally packed with overflowing all over the stadium.  If there's one thing you can count on.......a home game this big in Argyle will bring in all kinds of fans and even the cult followers.  I've got to get there early on Friday evening.......they take all the unreserved seats and put reserved signs on them early in the day before the gates open.......for all their friends, family members, and other fans that don't have reserved season seats. Just rows of them in a game like this.  Argyle already added a whole end zone section for the band.  They have a complete student section of stands not available to anyone else.......I think that's from about the 30 to the 10 yd line.  The area around the endzone and concession/eating tables at the other endzone all the way around the fenced track will be full.  Argyle only plays 4 homes games this season......this one and the final one against Celina are the Biggies.