Coldest high school football game you ever been to

3rdcoastent

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Your ‘07 title game in Midlothian is the coldest game I’ve ever attended as well. Halftime in that heated bathroom was heaven!

Alto was on the home side of the stadium and we had the press box at our backs AND IT WAS STILL FRIGID with the sustained winds and gusts howling out of the north.  We felt really sorry for the folks from Seymour because the visitors side was just hit head on with the wind and cold.  Bet there was a crowd in that heated restroom!! 🤣

48 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

THAT was 2001 State Semi-Final game between Lufkin and Euless Trinity at Rose Stadium in Tyler !

I was there but nestled in the Press Box as Smoaky and I were "calling" the game for the Texas State Network. It was very definitely a very cold, very wet Saturday afternoon with the temperature in the low 40's, steady rain and even colder wind chills. 

Lufkin, lead by Reggie McNeal, came back from a 20-0 deficit to win 27-23 in a "come back" for the ages as he "willed" his team in a last minute decision !

R.J.

Absolutely. That was the year we were called the Cardiac Pack. I was in 7th grade the time of that game, and my dad & I left early due to the weather and the fact that the game looked like it was over. We weren’t halfway back to Lufkin before we made it like a one score game. That was a learning curve. Never left another one early again lol

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

December 2000 Hamlin/Stanton in Colorado City. 

13 degrees and stiff North wind.  Had the flu from another cold game in Childress the week before so I was half dead to begin with. We got our #### handed to us. I don’t know if Stanton ever even threw the ball. crushed me for about a minute till I realized there was plenty of time later to think about the outcome. It was shake hands, shower and get on the heated running bus. 

Do not remember the year, but it was Daingerfield vs Farmersville in Paris, 32 degrees, driving blowing rain, 25 mile an hour winds.  Daingerfield got out to a 35-0 lead in the first quarter and it got so cold you could not tackle or hold on to the ball and they help on for dear life, I think it ended up something like 55-50.  Took me all night to thaw out when I got home.

6 hours ago, FlowJack said:

State championship game between Liberty Hill & Gilmer, Waco, 2007, (COLD AND WINDY).

I was there bundled up with my electric socks and gloves bundled up ... Gilmer never could find the guy with the ball ... LH ran wild ....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

I’m surprised Koetting doesn’t try more home and home flips. I feel like the panhandle weather  in winter gives us a huge advantage.

That Canadian QB was slinging it on us in 100 mph wind it felt like lol. We couldn't stop them.

9 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Lol. I still won't forget that they were selling sno cones out there. I was like weres the hot chocolate. 

Hot chocolate didn't survive me that day, it was drinking a chocolate milkshake before I got back to my seat lol