Cowboys, Pats Make A Deal

58 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don't know why, unless they are going to use him at linebacker or defensive tackle.  Tank and Quinn seem to be gelling now, and getting more sacks.  If he can get 7 sacks the rest of the year then I think he's worth the 6th round pick.  Those guys rarely become solid players.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't know why, unless they are going to use him at linebacker or defensive tackle.  Tank and Quinn seem to be gelling now, and getting more sacks.  If he can get 7 sacks the rest of the year then I think he's worth the 6th round pick.  Those guys rarely become solid players.  

Dudes a knucklehead, serious knucklehead. I wonder if he’ll play kind of the Tyrone Crawford role? A little 3 tech, fill in on the edge for Tank and Quinn. For a 7th rounder, at worst a 6th it’s not too bad a investment if he bums out.

52 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dudes a knucklehead, serious knucklehead. I wonder if he’ll play kind of the Tyrone Crawford role? A little 3 tech, fill in on the edge for Tank and Quinn. For a 7th rounder, at worst a 6th it’s not too bad a investment if he bums out.

That's exactly what he will do is fill Crawford's role.  I can't stand the guy!  Hopefully ole Jerry has briefed him on their anthem policy too!

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

LOL, I'm glad you said that. I kinda showed my tail over at another sports blog. After that though I talked with my grandson, who said Quinn has kinda shown signs in the past of being a knucklehead. But, I like him, so maybe I'll like Bennett too.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

LOL, I'm glad you said that. I kinda showed my tail over at another sports blog. After that though I talked with my grandson, who said Quinn has kinda shown signs in the past of being a knucklehead. But, I like him, so maybe I'll like Bennett too.

I forgot about the whole cop fiasco he was involved in.

10 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Exactly, I'm going to give the guy a chance.  If he helps the team out, doesn't cause any distractions, and makes some plays it's a good deal.  If not, cut him and move on.  The last 7th round draft pick the Cowboys made that sort of worked out was Jeremiah (Jay) Ratliff, but even he became a headache later.  

Actual quote from Michael Bennett on Matthew Stafford being from Dallas:

“He’s from Dallas and Dallas, they killed the President,” Bennett said. “It’s where JFK, one of the greatest Presidents, died at so I just have a little hatred towards him.”

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

“He’s from Dallas and Dallas, they killed the President,” Bennett said. “It’s where JFK, one of the greatest Presidents, died at so I just have a little hatred towards him.”

I can't believe people still act like that.  Some still live in the past.  As I heard one man say the other day if you keep looking back you're either going to trip or run into a wall.  I know I used to hear that same rubbish back in the 70's, but it faded away in the 80's.  

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

His brother is stupid like that too. So add a u-tube conspiracy video to a naturally stupid person and you get the Bennett brothers 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can't believe people still act like that.  Some still live in the past.  As I heard one man say the other day if you keep looking back you're either going to trip or run into a wall.  I know I used to hear that same rubbish back in the 70's, but it faded away in the 80's.  

And Dallas didn't kill the president. I know there's a lot of conspiracy around the JFK assassination, but it doesn't matter what anyone thinks happen. The city didn't kill him.

10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

And Dallas didn't kill the president. I know there's a lot of conspiracy around the JFK assassination, but it doesn't matter what anyone thinks happen. The city didn't kill him.

As I said in the 70's many people would say that Dallas killed JFK.  Dallas couldn't even host major events for years following his assassination because of the stigma of it.  Love Field still doesn't truly acknowledge that LBJ was inaugurated on the tarmac.  They were going to have an exhibit there, but cancelled it at the last moment angering the administrators of the LBJ Library.  There is a plaque on the tarmac, but the public can go and see it.  It's one of the reasons many hated Dallas so much.  

• 5 weeks later...