UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

9 hours ago, Panther89 said:

I really hope Spring Hill gets out of this district! Gilmer is the closest town we travel to (15 miles), while everyone else is 35 miles or more! Pleasant Grove and Liberty-Eylau are two hours away! Spring Hill belongs in Class 3A D1 with Gladewater, White Oak, Sabine, and Tatum! 

If it takes you 2 hours to get to L-E, and even P G, from Spring Hill, then you are driving nowhere near the speed limit. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Tougher skin not needed.  I can live without the info until posted by UIL and without paying DCTF.  I was just pointing out that I think it's a bit "tacky" for Matt Stepp to be on a free site accusing others of "wanting stuff for free all the time," presumably because he would like to have them go to DCTF and pay him for the information.  DCTF provides a nice service to those wanting to spend their money there, but those that would rather search to find this information for free shouldn't have Matt Stepp attempting to shame them for "wanting stuff from free all the time."  

Of course I'd like people to go to DCTF and pay for the info, its called not working for free and putting value on the service you provide...capitalism is a beautiful thing...there's a market for what we do and thats a good thing....as soon as there's not a market for it then I'll quit doing it...clearly you dont put value in the service provided....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Of course I'd like people to go to DCTF and pay for the info, its called not working for free and putting value on the service you provide...capitalism is a beautiful thing...there's a market for what we do and thats a good thing....as soon as there's not a market for it then I'll quit doing it...clearly you dont put value in the service provided....

I previously said, "DCTF provides a nice service to those wanting to spend their money there," and never indicated I don't put value on the service DCTF provided, but I'm not one to pay for it.  I'm all for you and DCTF providing the nice service you do and I realize there's a market for it and I also acknowledged it's a "good thing."  My issue was your statement of "people wanting stuff for free all the time."  Seems like you used a very broad brush with that statement.  Very few on Smoaky are wanting stuff for free all the time."  Maybe there are some out there upset that information on DCTF that used to be free is no longer free, but I haven't seen much if any complain about it on Smoaky.  

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I previously said, "DCTF provides a nice service to those wanting to spend their money there," and never indicated I don't put value on the service DCTF provided, but I'm not one to pay for it.  I'm all for you and DCTF providing the nice service you do and I realize there's a market for it and I also acknowledged it's a "good thing."  My issue was your statement of "people wanting stuff for free all the time."  Seems like you used a very broad brush with that statement.  Very few on Smoaky are wanting stuff for free all the time."  Maybe there are some out there upset that information on DCTF that used to be free is no longer free, but I haven't seen much if any complain about it on Smoaky.  

Yes I've used a broad brush, as someone who covers the entire state of Texas and I listen to people constantly complain about what we put behind a paywall....

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

@MattStepp thoughts on Carthage dropping? A lot of their fans seem to think they would ask to be D1 and opt up if that happened...

If they do drop, I think they go south with Jasper. That district will more than likely lose a couple of teams.

Is there any repercussions for not turning the number in on snapshot day.

Wait and see what everyone else turns in and then turn in to avoid a school or a class.

Or maybe just wanting to be accurate, know that someone is coming to live in that trailer house.

3 hours ago, sackem said:

Is there any repercussions for not turning the number in on snapshot day.

Wait and see what everyone else turns in and then turn in to avoid a school or a class.

Or maybe just wanting to be accurate, know that someone is coming to live in that trailer house.

Pretty sure the UIL has the authority to put a school on probation if they dont submit

On 11/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, LoboFan07 said:

yea but they have highland parks wrong 

Highland Park 2209  is what the have on Dave Campbells. Not the 2180 number unless its been revised. So that puts them 6A. 

2 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

yea but they have highland parks wrong 

Highland Park 2209  is what the have on Dave Campbells. Not the 2180 number unless its been revised. So that puts them 6A. 

It's there. They have both. They have a new entry number (2209) and the old number next to it (2180).

It hasn't been updated over the weekend though it looks like as DCTF has the Woodlands number up and the excel document doesn't. 

1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

You  know the Highland Park rule......:rofl:

Sadly.. I forget how many times years ago they were like 1 or 2 below the number every time. Maybe this is the year they go 6A. 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, jacketgrad06 said:

Cushing may actually be able to compete going d2. Seems like they made strides last year and coming up. Time will tell. 

Hope so They haven't had a lot of luck sense going 6-4 in 03 and 7-3 in 04. ; 6-4 in 07 and last year. I think that team in 03 and 04 which got third could have done something in this new playoff system.  Only been 82-83, and 03-04 seasons for them historically putting back to back over .500 seasons together. Longest stretch 94-97 4 seasons above .500. 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, jacketgrad06 said:

Cushing may actually be able to compete going d2. Seems like they made strides last year and coming up. Time will tell. 

I think Cushion would have a hard time competing if they were in 2ADII playing 6 man schedule ...:woot:

• LOL! 1