- Lancaster
- Red Oak
- Midlothian
- Royse City
- North Forney

So...  what's your snap assessment? 

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

So...  what's your snap assessment? 

Lancaster is intriguing. John Tyler gonna John Tyler.

Royse City is having a good season, but they haven't shown they can do it on a consistent basis. The rest, I just. Ugly, ugly games are most likely. 

Denton Ryan, Lone Star both in R2 is interesting though. As well as Beaumont United, with the program they're attempting to build.

I won't lie that I know little to nothing about most of those programs. We've never come close to playing West Mesquite, Midlothian, Royse City or North Forney. Red Oak we had a chance in 2009, but they lost to Waco Midway in the first round. But none of those 5 have been solid programs over the last decade tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lancaster is intriguing. John Tyler gonna John Tyler.

Royse City is having a good season, but they haven't shown they can do it on a consistent basis. The rest, I just. Ugly, ugly games are most likely. 

Denton Ryan, Lone Star both in R2 is interesting though. As well as Beaumont United, with the program they're attempting to build.

I won't lie that I know little to nothing about most of those programs. We've never come close to playing West Mesquite, Midlothian, Royse City or North Forney. Red Oak we had a chance in 2009, but they lost to Waco Midway in the first round. But none of those 5 have been solid programs over the last decade tbh.

Red Oak is rapidly improving....getting a lot of Desoto/Lancaster spillover...and they have a hell of a Coach.....Midlothian is a solid D2 team took Aledo to OT this year...they run the flexbone so they are a pain in the rear

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Red Oak is rapidly improving....getting a lot of Desoto/Lancaster spillover...and they have a hell of a Coach.....Midlothian is a solid D2 team took Aledo to OT this year...they run the flexbone so they are a pain in the rear

That'll be interesting for sure then. With the way 11-6A has been improving overall this season, it'll be different to drop into a district like that for sure with all those teams moving up. But hopefully they can all improve enough to give us some challenges if we do go into a district like that.

I know King doesn't like playing at Midlothian with the two games we lost there.

Thanks. I certainly did not doubt 1400 but 1420, WOW!

Princeton is in a location where any direction in redistricting by the UIL would not surprise me.

The town has a second JR. High now. Even with the town growing, the stadium is 1/2 empty or worse the last 2 seasons (since 5-A) because it does not have the small-town feeling anymore.

On the thread of people wanting stuff free..I get emails and tweets like this often...from Jack Stallard's Facebook 

While covering one of the four scholarship signing ceremonies I did today, a lady approached me and let me know how mad it makes her that she'll not be able to read my story tomorrow because she doesn't subscribe to the newspaper and refuses to pay for online content.

I asked her if she refused to pay because she simply chooses to spend her money another way -- which I am OK with -- or if she refuses to pay because she thinks me and my hardworking colleagues at the newspaper should work for free.

She said she just doesn't think she should have to pay for news. Which was her way of saying she does not value the work I/we do at the Longview News-Journal.

Yet she is mad she won't be able to read my story tomorrow.

Ironically, I probably spent more on gas today driving to four scholarship ceremonies than it would cost her to subscribe to the newspaper for a month.

• Like 2

If Spring Hill were to move, it would likely only be to fill out another district that drops below 5 teams. For both them and Carthage wouldn’t it make the most sense (geographically, completely disregarding other factors like district size) to move them to District 7, and not down south to an entirely new region? 

With my predictions I don’t see Carthage dropping, but the folks who know more about this than I do say they likely will, so in that case if the cutoff moves up enough to drop Carthage, I could see Lindale dropping to 4AD1, perhaps helping to fill out that district.

Edit: With Spring Hill turning in around 547, I could also see them with a VERY slim chance of dropping to 3A given how some people are predicting the cutoffs to move up drastically. Kind of a shame they’ve always grown just enough to dodge the cutoff though, they’d do very well in 3AD1