New Possible Alignment 4A

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing we lose SH and stay at a 5 team district w/ N Lamar.  So NL and LE fight to get into the playoffs next year.  Who would have ever thought that LE would have to fight NL to get into the pl

Uil has used the throwing darts and inny mini mighty Moe method in the past. They have also use the Highland Park gets it way method as well.

Then turn in right numbers. Lol

If Spring Hill were to move, it would likely only be to fill out another district that drops below 5 teams. For both them and Carthage wouldn’t it make the most sense (geographically, completely disregarding other factors like district size) to move them to District 7, and not down south to an entirely new region? 

On 11/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, swaha said:

If they do drop, I think they go south with Jasper. That district will more than likely lose a couple of teams.

Agree drop Arygle and Vega vs a wide open field with PG which they have beat. Hmmm not a difficult choice.

With my predictions I don’t see Carthage dropping, but the folks who know more about this than I do say they likely will, so in that case if the cutoff moves up enough to drop Carthage, I could see Lindale dropping to 4AD1, perhaps helping to fill out that district.

Edit: With Spring Hill turning in around 547, I could also see them with a VERY slim chance of dropping to 3A given how some people are predicting the cutoffs to move up drastically. Kind of a shame they’ve always grown just enough to dodge the cutoff though, they’d do very well in 3AD1

17 hours ago, mTex said:

If Spring Hill were to move, it would likely only be to fill out another district that drops below 5 teams. For both them and Carthage wouldn’t it make the most sense (geographically, completely disregarding other factors like district size) to move them to District 7, and not down south to an entirely new region? 

I would be surprised if Spring Hill moved south. UIL tends to use the I20 corridor as a dividing line. Looking at District 9, Huntington should drop with 495. Cleveland Tarkington is at 510, which is going to be close. This district is currently a 5 team district, so if Carthage drops it would make the most sense to send them here.

36 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas Football put out their predictions. I won't post it all out of respect for those guys. But they had 3 - 5 team east texas districts. 

I don't love all the 5 team districts. But travel wise there aren't a lot of options I guess. 

What was their prediction for the bottom cut off number in 4A-II?

44 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas Football put out their predictions. I won't post it all out of respect for those guys. But they had 3 - 5 team east texas districts. 

I don't love all the 5 team districts. But travel wise there aren't a lot of options I guess. 

I agree but kinda takes out the suspense on making the playoffs.  Plus add in the fact carthage wouldnt be taking a spot nor van to lesser extent improves the odds. Lindale could improve somewhat not sure who the other would be.

5 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I agree but kinda takes out the suspense on making the playoffs.  Plus add in the fact carthage wouldnt be taking a spot nor van to lesser extent improves the odds. Lindale could improve somewhat not sure who the other would be.

Lindale will be 4AD1 though. Van, Carthage and North Lamar will most likely be D2

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 8:03 AM, cotton84 said:

If it takes you 2 hours to get to L-E, and even P G, from Spring Hill, then you are driving nowhere near the speed limit. 

It takes two hours to get from Longview to Texarkana, so yes, I'm going the right speed limit! 

• Haha 1

I think it would make sense for these schools to be in districts like these for proximity.

E.T. District 1:  Bullard, Brownsboro, Van, Wills Point, Canton, and Rusk

E.T. District 2:  North Lamar, Pleasant Grove, Pittsburg, Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, and Spring Hill

It looks like Carthage may go south, unless they push Rusk southwest.

33 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I think it would make sense for these schools to be in districts like these for proximity.

E.T. District 2:  North Lamar, Pleasant Grove, Pittsburg, Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, and Spring Hill

Hopefully Carthage goes south to help not have PG, Gilmer, and Carthage in the same region... plus the 2020 state championship game might be between Carthage and one of those 2 teams, which would be quite the game.

34 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I'm guessing we lose SH and stay at a 5 team district w/ N Lamar.  So NL and LE fight to get into the playoffs next year.  Who would have ever thought that LE would have to fight NL to get into the playoffs.... SMH

• Haha 1
  • Stinks 1
On 11/3/2019 at 8:03 AM, cotton84 said:

If it takes you 2 hours to get to L-E, and even P G, from Spring Hill, then you are driving nowhere near the speed limit. 

That’s called dread...😂

• Like 1
On 11/28/2019 at 11:31 PM, Panther89 said:

It takes two hours to get from Longview to Texarkana, so yes, I'm going the right speed limit! 

it is 82 miles from LEHS to Spring Hill High School LOL

takes barely over an hour

54 minutes ago, mTex said:

I think LE will be significantly better next year, they’ll probably beat North Lamar, but only time will tell. 

I agree.  I think this year was an anomaly.  Their new coach had to establish the discipline they needed.  Their schedule certainly hurt them.  Now, it's a matter of whether the team buys into his program.  They are always very athletic, but have lacked discipline at times.  They will be much more competitive next season, in my opinion.  The year after, they probably challenge for a district title.

2 hours ago, Hawks2021 said:

I'm guessing we lose SH and stay at a 5 team district w/ N Lamar.  So NL and LE fight to get into the playoffs next year.  Who would have ever thought that LE would have to fight NL to get into the playoffs.... SMH

Looking at the map, it would make sense for Rusk to go south. I use I-20 as the boundary to separate the districts. Rusk is closer to the southern teams in District 9.

Rusk, Carthage, Center, Jasper, Shepherd.

PG, LE, NL, SH, Gilmer

Van, Bullard, Brownsboro, Canton, Wills Point

9 minutes ago, swaha said:

Looking at the map, it would make sense for Rusk to go south. I use I-20 as the boundary to separate the districts. Rusk is closer to the southern teams in District 9.

Rusk, Carthage, Center, Jasper, Shepherd.

PG, LE, NL, SH, Gilmer

Van, Bullard, Brownsboro, Canton, Wills Point

So u just gonna leave out Pitt 

• Thanks 1